True Detective

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show is very good. I wish I had discovered it after an entire season was already out
this.
good show, it starts off a bit slow and they threw a few trope red herrings in there but its pretty decent, helped a ton by the good actors they casted. i guess the religious governor is the first person of interest, way too early to tell if he is the killer. im also guessing the black detectives suspect Rust is involved somehow. this show also made me want some Lone Star, i used to like that beer when i hung out in biker bars, but never a fucking can beer. bottles all the way.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thought it was really solid. They're already hinting that they didn't really solve the crime with it being repeated recently, at least that's what I gathered from the newer cops showing Rust the picture.

Also Rust is one wierd fucking dude, if I was Harrelson's character I would have just punched him in the mouth in the car after a while.
Or they did solve it and one of the two went bug fuck insane and is doing the killings themselves.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Or they did solve it and one of the two went bug fuck insane and is doing the killings themselves.
That was my first theory at the end of the episode, but I feel that's almost too obvious.

Krag

Peasant
My initial thought when they showed Rust the picture and his response was that maybe they had been pressured to make an arrest and get a conviction, but that they kind of knew they didn't have the right guy.

gotta be the preacher, he's a recognizable actor ( fat david hasslehoff)?
Looked likeJay O. Sandersbut I can't see him listed anywhere.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I must have missed it but how did they become interested in searching / interviewing the peeps regarding the missing girl that supposedly ran off with her dad ? Was that an ongoing case they were involved with or something they wanted to look into in connection with that murder at the tree ?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I must have missed it but how did they become interested in searching / interviewing the peeps regarding the missing girl that supposedly ran off with her dad ? Was that an ongoing case they were involved with or something they wanted to look into in connection with that murder at the tree ?
From the brief interview with that old dude in front of his house, they seem to be telling us that it was an on-going, well-known case for the area.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Rust was asked this during the interview by Brother Mouzone. He said it was just intuition that it might be connected to the murder.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It's totally throwing me off that McConaughey is the weird oddball and Harrelson is the straight/normal one. Just the exact opposite of their typical roles. Especially since the last couple movies I saw recently with Harrelson were Out of the Furnace and Seven Psychopaths. I like it though.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The way Harrelson and McConaughey contrast in the first episode is certainly interesting. On the surface, it makes me think maybe McConaughey is the killer but then I think it mostly points to the fact that the case made him lose control of it all but it's still too early to tell. The show has me hooked and I'm already wishing it was a Netflix seasonal release so I could buzzsaw through the entire season.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pretty sure it was mentioned as just something Rust had a hunch on and that they had little else to do. Plus it was a really strange sounding story and as Rust noted right away there was no reason to believe the initial killing was the first for the killer.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
McConaughey is in no way "the killer" imo. If it is anyone atm it's Woody. I have no idea who the killer might be but I bet we met him in ep1. My guess for why they haven't talked for 10 years? McConaughey sleeps with Woody's wife after she finds out he is fucking giant eyes mctits.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
McConaughey is in no way "the killer" imo. If it is anyone atm it's Woody. I have no idea who the killer might be but I bet we met him in ep1. My guess for why they haven't talked for 10 years? McConaughey sleeps with Woody's wife after she finds out he is fucking giant eyes mctits.
they stopped being friends 7 years after the events of this case. Probably over something unrelated. Knowing HBO it maybe was religious based aegument. Woody went to work for creepy governor and they had a falling out, who knows. Its way too early

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Another reason I don't go to the movies anymore...HBO makes far superior entertainment. And great stories usually need more than two hours to tell.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's totally throwing me off that McConaughey is the weird oddball and Harrelson is the straight/normal one. Just the exact opposite of their typical roles. Especially since the last couple movies I saw recently with Harrelson were Out of the Furnace and Seven Psychopaths. I like it though.
McConaughey was actually interviewed for the other role. It wasn't until he read the entire script that he asked to take his final role. I think the fact that there are several different theories to the murders by us all is only a testament to how good this show could be from the first episode alone.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd be shocked if we have already met the killer in the first episode. This is HBO afterall, and not a season premiere of Dexter. McConaughey is most defintely going to bang Harrelson's wife. She was giving him some serious googly-eyes after he opened up to her about the death of his daughter.

I am so fucking excited about the rest of this season. I also find McConaughey's character very intriguing. Can't wait until next Sunday!

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
they stopped being friends 7 years after the events of this case. Probably over something unrelated. Knowing HBO it maybe was religious based aegument. Woody went to work for creepy governor and they had a falling out, who knows. Its way too early
Pretty sure he said he had not talked to him in 10 years. I think the wife-fucking theory is pretty solid, given the little info we have so far. I would like to fuck her too.

I like that this show plan to do entire stories in a single season. It will not only keep it from dragging, but allow them to land bigger actors like this, since they don't have to commit to a multi-year show.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pretty sure he said he had not talked to him in 10 years. I think the wife-fucking theory is pretty solid, given the little info we have so far. I would like to fuck her too.

I like that this show plan to do entire stories in a single season. It will not only keep it from dragging, but allow them to land bigger actors like this, since they don't have to commit to a multi-year show.
the timeline of this show is 1994 or 1995. they solved the case, then 7 years later they parted ways then we see them now in 2012 in interviews. rust probably does give the weiner to woody's wife. they already established he isnt sleeping with her and probably fucking chesty mc bigtits at work. so its entirely possible rust and the wife fuck. but they say very clearly that the case is completely separate of their relationship and it wasnt until 7ish years did they stop working or talking together.