True Detective

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Because, as I said, we already knew this was happening. All of this was assumed on page 3 of this thread.

No one is saying this isn't an incredible show. I fucking love it.
Could you back-peddle quicker?

post 1 - STEP BACKWARD

Post 2 - Well we all saw it coming

Post 3 - Oh yeah I love this show.

You are just trying to find things to complain about.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
just finished watching, loved this episode.

"Nice hook, Marty."

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
"I told, I fucking told you! And Human Tampon here heard me!"

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Hard to say more than what's already been said, fucking stellar show all the way around.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Tonight's episode was way to real. So tense and hard to watch. In a good way.

"If you get the chance you should kill yourself"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah just got done having eye sex with this show, im exhausted now.

Didn't see Hearts wife with Rust, what a fucking bitch to pull that shit. At least she left the wine.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I really enjoy my new routine of watching Walking Dead before True Detective. Makes True Detective seem even that much better. Like an appetizer of spam before your filet mignon dinner.

I guess I must be putting too much thought into all of this. First, I half expected Harts new slampiece to have the swirl tattoo on her back when he got her naked, then when that didn't happen I almost expected Harts ex wife to have one that Cohle discovers when he bends her over the counter. 0 for 2.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
We saw Heart throwing Cole under the bus when he was called out by his superior. Which leads me to believe that he might be somehow involved? Might be him trying to shut Rust down to protect himself? BUT, It might of just been a backlash of Rust basically calling him a no talent ass clown before when he told him to type out the report.

But then we see them getting back together at the end, like Rust has it all figured out and needs him again.... So who the fuck knows.

Also notice the new superiors name? Leroy - The name Leroy is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Leroy is:The King???

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah just got done having eye sex with this show, im exhausted now.

Didn't see Hearts wife with Rust, what a fucking bitch to pull that shit. At least she left the wine.
How did you not see that? People were calling that one after the first episode.

Also notice the new superiors name? Leroy - The name Leroy is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Leroy is:The King???
She described the King, or whoever we're supposed to believe is the King, as the giant. And that's in relation to Ledoux, who is what, 6' 7'' or some shit? How tall is this fucker supposed to be? Or what else is the giant supposed to suggest?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Way back in like the first or 2nd episode their main suspect they were looking for was a guy with facial scars. Not sure why that unique feature ever got pushed to the back burner as they eventually focused on Ledoux, but it sounds like Rust is basically back to where he started, looking for a man with facial scarring. Flat circle, time repeating, yadda yadda yadda

Fedor

<Banned>
The way I interpreted it is that the man with the scars and the giant are two different people. The man with the scars made her watch what the giant (Reggie Ledoux) did to Billy. (the dead boy they found with her)

Here's the exact dialogue:

the man with the scars was the worst

the giant

he made me watch what he did to Billy
Or it could be Reggie Ledoux made her watch what the man with the scars did to Billy.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
The way I interpreted it is that the man with the scars and the giant are two different people. The man with the scars made her watch what the giant (Reggie Ledoux) did to Billy. (the dead boy they found with her)

Here's the exact dialogue:

Or it could be Reggie Ledoux made her watch what the man with the scars did to Billy.
Fair enough. Didn't the people from the church describe Dora's new man as a tall guy with scars though? That and Rust says something like "the scars on the giant" or something. Maybe he's just got it wrong, too.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Lawnmower man's not that tall either, but someone said he was credited for two or three episodes.