True Detective

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
He's actually referring to his other self. His spirit animal. Cohle is actually a demon wolf who returns to the earth every 12,000 years. They'll reveal that in episode 7.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Oh damnit, I plowed through these this morning thinking there were only six and I'd be ready for the finale. Now I find out there are eight. THE ANTICIPATION WILL KILL ME!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... .. seriously though, I want to see the last three hows right fucking now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't think there's any real time loop. But I think that Rust's character firmly believes he's stuck in one.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
AoYW6hI.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Started reading this at forum page 17, but anyone else figure there's something about that dry-cleaning lady's fingers? They showed it for way too long for it to be nothing... or exactly long enough to be a red herring.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Of course they are going to keep letting Cohle off the hook, they know they need bad men to catch bad men.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Short preview clip for tonight's episode. There's just barely enough time to rewatch the earlier episodes before 9PM est!

I wouldn't be surprised if HBO engineered this series to dismantle the perceived benefits of Netflix's front-loaded binge release model. Maximise tension in each episode (instead of leveraging the binge-watch model to smooth out the narrative over several episodes) then let the anticipation during the week roil up exactly the cultural buzz that HBO measures its success with.

Tea_sl

shitlord
I don't think there's any real time loop. But I think that Rust's character firmly believes he's stuck in one.
The last episode was full of circular imagery, and even the characters actions followed a circular path back to earlier in the show. Rust is obvious as he retraces his investigation, but a lot could be said about Hart hitting his kid, who it seems was abused by someone thus perpetuating a cycle of violence. It's obviously part of the larger narrative of the story.

My guess is the writer was thinking about the nature of a crime procedural quite a bit, and these themes are a natural extension of that.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
The last episode was full of circular imagery, and even the characters actions followed a circular path back to earlier in the show. Rust is obvious as he retraces his investigation, but a lot could be said about Hart hitting his kid, who it seems was abused by someone thus perpetuating a cycle of violence. It's obviously part of the larger narrative of the story.

My guess is the writer was thinking about the nature of a crime procedural quite a bit, and these themes are a natural extension of that.
I dunno, if the police caught my daughter bumping uglies with two guys at the same time, I'd be upset. I'm not surprised he slapped her.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Beginning of episode 2: As Cohle is examining the "devil trap" on his desk, the camera slowly pulls away and Hart's name plate is positioned under the trap

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
promo poster for the show shows the crown of hart's yellow hair!

hart is the yellow king!!!1111

c8ff53f8-deae-4fed-a397-f529d804555c_TD1_Poster_v4.jpg

supertouch_sl

shitlord
You're an unimaginative fool, so it's not surprising that you don't get it.

It's unbelievable that people are still treating this show like a straightforward, run-of-the-mill procedural.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
bro i am totally with you. marty hart is the yellow king

i just took off the blinders

surferdude.jpg

khalid

Unelected Mod
Supertouch and Chuck should start their own tv thread in the shaw so they stop filling this one up with bullshit.

After his last few posts in the House of Cards thread, Iannis might want to join them also.