True Detective

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Why did Marty's wife lie to the detectives about telling Marty that she slept with Rust. That was really odd.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What exactly is odd about not admitting to fucking your husbands partner and rubbing it in his face?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Rust is playing everyone. He knows exactly what he's doing, and every move he's made has had a reason. He's been playing the long game ever since he quit the job. He wasn't drinking during the interview because he's an alcoholic, he was drinking to make them think he was an alcoholic.

And LOL at whoever said he's drinking to hide his guilt over fucking that juicy milf ass. MAYBE if he had an actual affair with her, but it was a god damn 30 second dog fucking that she forced on him. He has zero to feel guilty about ten years later.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I think a lot of people thinking Hart is The Yellow King because of what he wears/his hair is really inaccurate because if I recall they've purposefully shot the show around a certain color scheme (kind of the dirty, rural look) so shit just all happens to be that color.
Anyone who thinks Hart is the killer isn't paying attention to the character, period. We're supposed to believe that he is the mastermind of gargantuan mass-murder scheme/framing that spans years and is being covered up by 'big people'? The guy can't even be unfaithful to his wife without her finding out (and in a really dipshit, stupid way too.)

Not saying the character is stupid, but he's already been portrayed as a alcoholic coward with blinders on. If it -was- Hart it'd be the biggest "arbitrary fuck you 'twist'" in the history of TV.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rust is playing everyone. He knows exactly what he's doing, and every move he's made has had a reason. He's been playing the long game ever since he quit the job. He wasn't drinking during the interview because he's an alcoholic, he was drinking to make them think he was an alcoholic.

And LOL at whoever said he's drinking to hide his guilt over fucking that juicy milf ass. MAYBE if he had an actual affair with her, but it was a god damn 30 second dog fucking that she forced on him. He has zero to feel guilty about ten years later.
This. Rust is very calculated and methodical. He was basically interrogating the two detectives to either find out what they know or to plant seeds in their heads.

The theory of Hart being the killer was pretty much eliminated in this episode. The guy who beats up a couple kids for giving his daughter some dp blows chunks in the parking lot is not the same man raping women, killing them and posing them. Also what Zaara said, a criminal mastermind doesn't get caught fucking chicks by leaving selfies on his fucking cellphone.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I think Rust is definitely weird and obsessed, but I don't think he's crazy.
I don't think he's crazy either. I think it's merely the impression of him as a man slightly deranged in a mad philosopher (as opposed to mad scientist) sort of way that's fulfilling The King in Yellow parallel.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I pretty much agree with all of this.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Woody gives the boys the option of an ass kicking or prison and he is slow and deliberate about getting ready like he is a stone cold mother fucker. Then he gets outside at the car and is puking. I think it says a lot about his character.
Which begs the question, if he did that over a couple of punks having consensual sex with his teenage daughter, what the hell is he gonna end up doing to the person who sexually molested that same daughter as an adolescent, if indeed that ends up being what Rust shows him (which it probably is). It might make Ledoux's fate look like an purple nurple in comparison.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I think Rust is definitely weird and obsessed, but I don't think he's crazy.
Well, I'm guessing right now that between 2002-2012 Rust went undercover to infiltrate the cult that's behind the murders and what he did/saw during that time knocked him over the edge and right now he's got just enough sanity left to see the case through.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How would Rust go undercover with the cult when the whole fucking cult knows him?

He is Louisiana's star cop who saved a child in 1995 from a bunch of pedos, the newspapers written about him, he was a hero cop for a while. You think he just dressed up like Mrs. Doubtfire and joined the cult?

I swear you people come up with the dumbest shit.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
How would Rust go undercover with the cult when the whole fucking cult knows him?

He is Louisiana's star cop who saved a child in 1995 from a bunch of pedos, the newspapers written about him, he was a hero cop for a while. You think he just dressed up like Mrs. Doubtfire and joined the cult?

I swear you people come up with the dumbest shit.
You are right 2012 Rust and 2002 Rust look exactly the same; and it's not like he had any undercover experience in his past. My bad.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Im pretty sure he is drinking to make sure nothing he says there is ever admissible in court...

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You are right 2012 Rust and 2002 Rust look exactly the same; and it's not like he had any undercover experience in his past. My bad.
There is a big difference in a government backed faked identity and some guy going maverick. Rust wasn't famous when he went undercover. If two detectives shot Brad Mcquaid in the head, wouldn't you know what they would look like?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So you're really subscribing to the Mrs. Doubtfire theory. How are you so fucking wrong on everything all the time? Literally. Everything. All The Time.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
There is a big difference in a government backed faked identity and some guy going maverick. Rust wasn't famous when he went undercover. If two detectives shot Brad Mcquaid in the head, wouldn't you know what they would look like?
Thus the drastic change in looks. He isn't going to solve it from the outside.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So you're really subscribing to the Mrs. Doubtfire theory. How are you so fucking wrong on everything all the time? Literally. Everything. All The Time.
Chillaxe buddy. You're getting a little worked up. Hop on down to the five and dime and grab some Lone Star.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
he doesnt have a drastic change in looks, he just looks 10 years older (as he should) and has longer hair

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The cult is likely tuttle's people and members of louisiana law enforcement. How many are likely to recognize Rust even with long hair and mustache?