True Detective

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's funny considering people around here are justifying some loose ends by referencing Nick Pizzolato saying they were production accidents.
It was actually the director that said that. But it wasn't an accident. Obviously someone put it there on purpose, as apart of the set design.

I think it was there to create mood and recurring themes (which we've seen throughout the entire series). It was 'forgotten' because they don't serve as a specific plot point.

And what was with that ridiculous vortex scene at the end? Is it supposed represent Cohle's newfound spirituality or was it a nod to the Cthulhu mythos? The cult could have been connected to another dimension for all we know.
Culmination of the 'ascension' symbology (Spirals and Black Stars) that he's bombarded himself with for years as he toiled away trying to solve the case. Now he's standing at the altar of the Yellow King, and his brain is overloaded and he 'sees' Carcosa, the Infernal Plane...or atleast the door way to it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I think what I liked most about the series is the responses to it. From the Lost-tards thinking anything yellow was either an important symbol or an anger-inducing red herring, to the people flipping out because the show didn't have a still-frame summaries for each character and a voice-over narrator to explain everything like Stand By Me.

Ohhh, shit, I don't know what happened to Senator Tuttle, that show was turdible!!!

It's hilarious when people end up punking themselves because they can't just let a good story do the work. Sometimes a good story exists without needing dumb fucks having aneurisms trying to out-think it. Try less, fuckers, and you might actually enjoy good things in life, if not learn something from them.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It was actually the director that said that. But it wasn't an accident. Obviously someone put it there on purpose, as apart of the set design.

I think it was there to create mood and recurring themes (which we've seen throughout the entire series). It was 'forgotten' because they don't serve as a specific plot point.
You've twisted that ridiculous argument so many times you're in mobius strip territory.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I love the fact that there was tons of stuff left sitting just outside the scope of the show.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I think what I liked most about the series is the responses to it. From the Lost-tards thinking anything yellow was either an important symbol or an anger-inducing red herring, to the people flipping out because the show didn't have a still-frame summaries for each character and a voice-over narrator to explain everything like Stand By Me.

Ohhh, shit, I don't know what happened to Senator Tuttle, that show was turdible!!!

It's hilarious when people end up punking themselves because they can't just let a good story do the work. Sometimes a good story exists without needing dumb fucks having aneurisms trying to out-think it. Try less, fuckers, and you might actually enjoy good things in life, if not learn something from them.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Matthew McConaughey is peaking so huge right now. From his role in Mud, to Dallas Buyers Club, and now True Detective, he's just entered a new stratosphere of acting. The dude is exhibiting some master class work on camera at the moment. Was never a huge fan, but wow am I impressed with what he's doing.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Matthew McConaughey is peaking so huge right now. From his role in Mud, to Dallas Buyers Club, and now True Detective, he's just entered a new stratosphere of acting. The dude is exhibiting some master class work on camera at the moment. Was never a huge fan, but wow am I impressed with what he's doing.
He could grand slam it with getting both an Oscar for DBC and an Emmy for TD.

EDIT : which he'll probably get anyway since he did stellar acting in TD.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Would be a first for that to happen as well. Best actor in both in the same year.

He's always been good, though. He just played in a lot of lame romantic comedies, but he was good in Dazed and Confused, Contact and U-571. He was the best part in Reign of Fire, Frailty and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
You've twisted that ridiculous argument so many times you're in mobius strip territory.
Twisted? My argument has been consistent. There were reoccurring visuals throughout the entire season. I'm sorry that you didn't pick up on that.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You are wrong. Bill Paxton was the best part of Frailty, though Mc named his shit also.
I won't argue that. Paxton was awesome as well. That was really underrated movie with nice ending.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, it was. Picked it up in the dollar bin in Blockbuster years ago and was pleasantly surprised.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Matthew McConaughey, so hot right now.

I really liked the show and thought it was cool how it reflected a feeling I had growing up here in Loosiana. There was always a strange Satanic / Cosmos element to a lot of the youth around me growing up. I remember bands like Acid Bath, Pantera, and Goat Whore being popular with like 4th graders and 5th grades and that whole culture sticking around to an extent into high school.

I mean, I'm sure every area had their share of metal head Satan worshipping teens, but I felt like we had that + some strange swamp shit going on that I didn't know about, and the show really brought back that nostalgic strangeness...and I liked it!

Fadaar

That guy
So I think I'm going to finally watch this sometime this week. Should I do like 1-2 episodes a night or just marathon it next Saturday?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
do 1 or 2 a night, take some time to reflect on the episodes. Its half the fun.