True Detective

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The one thing I'm absolutely anxious about is whether or not they land T Bone Burnett to direct the second season's music as well.
rrr_img_76878.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ripping hipsters? Is it 2012 up in hurr!? LOL DON'T YOU GUYS HATE JUSTIN BIEBER!?

I have a feeling Vaughn is doing this to be taken as a serious actor.
Pretty much. He already took a run at it after Swingers put him on everyone's radar. Did a bunch of serious stuff for 5 or so years that all bombed, though he was mostly pretty good. Then he hooked back up with Jon Favreau forMade, he was hilarious and people liked him a lot. Back to just playing Vince Vaughn for the next 12 years. I guess it's time for a second run at serious stuff.

I am cautiously optimistic about both guys. As long as HBO gets Giuseppe Mendelbaum to be set decorator it will be all good.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What we really need to know is when Alexandra Daddario's tits are getting their own spinoff show.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
"I'm starring with Vince Vaughn?"
Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

No really though, I think both of these guys have a good shot to be good. Maybe not McConaughey good, but still pretty good.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be honest True Detective s1 didn't cast FoTM actors. Harrelson is known as being a psycho on set, and he was cast right after Rampart psychodrama. McConaughey was in a better shape, he went from shitty romcoms to "that guy" getting solid pieces in under the radar movies (tho he was decent in both U571 / Frailty and that film with dragons).

I'm excited about Farrell / Vaughn cast. They're both competent actors and they did either nice and terrible stuff. Everyone remembers Farrell as Alexander in Oliver Stone movie. On the other hand he did a nice job in both Miami Vice / In Bruges. It's kinda refreshing seeing this kind of casting, rather than having "True Detective season 2 starring Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert Downey Jr as the villain".

khorum

Murder Apologist
The rumored choices were all better, though. Personally, I was pretty hopeful for Jeremy Piven even if he was already a longtime HBO alum. Vince Vaughn/Jeremy Piven in noir roles is way more interesting than farrell/vaughn (or even farell/piven).

Anyways the chick casting becomes much more important now... and Rachel McAdams really doesn't strike me as a "Hard Woman" that Nic Pizzolatto mentioned the character was being written as. Maybe she's pushing really hard to rehabilitate her romcom-heavy career too. Of course she could've just done that with some titty scenes.

Fadaar

That guy
This show needs some Gary Oldman as the slightly crazy retired old cop. Slightly crazy as in a few notches below his L?on levels of crazy. Pair him with a younger guy, say... Karl Urban. Yes yes I know, cue Dredd jokes here. I think they'd be an awesome combo.

Edit: Holy shit just looked it up Karl Urban is fuckin 42. He does not look that old.