True Detective

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think he's a good choice as well. I hope the script is good.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The problem is that season one was a grand slam in a world series game 7 where your team is down by 3, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, and 2 strikes. Even if season two hits a homerun, it's going to be insanely hard living in season one's shadow. I think Ferrell will turn in a great performance, but I think the bar was set so goddamn high that it will fail to meet expectations.

Devlin

Golden Squire
The problem is that season one was a grand slam in a world series game 7 where your team is down by 3, bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, and 2 strikes. Even if season two hits a homerun, it's going to be insanely hard living in season one's shadow. I think Ferrell will turn in a great performance, but I think the bar was set so goddamn high that it will fail to meet expectations.
Yeah, he was great in Anchorman though.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am trying to be as positive about this as I am about Fargo Season 2.

We are living in a great era of television, that is for sure!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Vince Vaughn gets a free pass for life to make whatever shitty Owen Wilson bromance movies he wants simply because of Swingers.

I'm actually more excited for him in this than I am Colin Farrell because I know Vince can act. It's just been so long everyone has forgotton.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have a feeling Vaughn is doing this to be taken as a serious actor. That said, I'm not sure that it's in the best interest of True Detective to be the platform for that.

The two of them together is an incredibly strange casting choice. I'll hold off on judgement for now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It could work...but the writing is going to have to be great, and Vaughn is going to have to dig deep in the well. I don't doubt that CF can pull off a worthy performance, but basically zero chance this comes anywhere near Season 1.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awesome. I think these two will do a bang up job.

I wonder what happened to the two-female-lead rumors?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wonder if that's two opposing sets of detectives or if the villain/s will be more major characters and not a more shadowy, off-screen threat.

Fedor

<Banned>
According to a Norwegian newspaper, Vaughn is playing a criminal, confirmed by HBO Nordic.

Makes it a tad more intriguing, if you ask me.

Article in Norwegian
or instead of reading some norwegian shit you can just read the original linked article

Vince Vaughn will play Frank Semyon, a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Jesus, this news was all over Facebook with idiots getting butthurt as hell about the casting. I hope they ace this shit and get Emmys.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was just telling a friend of mine how much I hate Vince Vaughn in every comedy he's ever been in but would be really interested to see him play a more serious role. I don't think it's any different than when Matthew McConaughey was said to star in season one of True Detective. I sure as hell rolled my eyes at the idea, but to the surprise of me and, like, every other living person, he fucking killed it.

Have some faith, bros. Trust in the HBO.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
MM had done serious roles like a time to kill, lincoln lawyer, mud, dallas buyers club

wtf has vince vaughn done? he's the fat ugly white guy in the rom coms, or he's in stupid comedies like dodge ball.