True Detective

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm excited for this season, a little worried that last season might have set the bar too high but I am sure I'll still be entertained.

Outside of the storyline itself, I am most curious to see Vince Vaughn's performance. I've always thought he had acting chops but mostly just plays Vince Vaughn. If he can get close to what Harrelson and McConaughey put down last season it should be fun to watch.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
True Detective season 2 won't haveCary Fukunagaas main director and his executive producer role in season 2 is unclear (for those who wonder, he's the guy behind most True Detective cinematography, long takes and also the crazy 6 minute uncut sequence track shot during episode 4 (when Rust is going deep undercover and shit hits the fan with the biker / deal and they crawl into the hoods). I'm not saying TD's 2nd season will be bad, I'm just saying there's chances it will be different.

EDIT : if you wanna read about it, you can checkthis article.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck I just said its probably him, he is wearing an identical shirt throughout the trailer and shows him putting on brass knuckles ect, not a big deal saying there is a good chance thats him in the mask. Didnt know its a big deal to bring up small shit like that. the guy in the mask is also wearing the same belt and pants from the still photos of Farrell
Totally just poking fun at all the over analyzation from S1. Truth be told I didn't even remember seeing someone in a mask when I watched the trailer.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think it's more like, "What? How do you know what he did with his bolo tie, assuming it evenishim in the mask?"

EDIT: Ok none of this makes sense then.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think it's more that you don't know what an undershirt is coupled with the absolute silliness of someone tucking a bolo tie under their shirt.
why take a bolo tie off when you can just tuck it under your shirt? dude in a mask be hiding his identity. silliness is assuming that he would mask his face only.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched season 1 over the past 5 days... Kind of glad I wasn't watching and reading this thread because it would have ruined it for me. Not once did I think Hart was the yellow king, the father in law was involved, or that one of the daughters was raped by these guys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I felt like people finding all sorts of easter eggs to support their bizarre theories was part of the fun.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel like ever since Lost, people have gone extra retarded on all that kind of stuff. There's a fine line between the fun mysteries of a show like True Detective and going full retard "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT" up in this motherfucker.