True Detective

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Hart as the yellow king was some lulzy full retard shit. I forget who kept trying to push that angle.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Daughters stuff is the only theory I bought into. And even if that stuff was just a red herring, that crazy scene with the dolls was in the show and in the "next week on" promos they certainly teased it with the video Hart watches. That stuff was in there to fuck with the viewer and I don't consider some crazy fan theory.

The other stuff? Sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Daughters stuff is the only theory I bought into. And even if that stuff was just a red herring, that crazy scene with the dolls was in the show and in the "next week on" promos they certainly teased it with the video Hart watches. That stuff was in there to fuck with the viewer and I don't consider some crazy fan theory.

The other stuff? Sure.
My thoughts.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Awwwww. Occult stuff was the best part of it. I liked how mysterious it was with all of it. Cut and dry (but very well done) murder case is just less interesting. At least to a nerd like me.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I was already leery about show without Cary Fukunaga directing it, but Pizzolatto admitting he's dropping the gothic mystique from the first season pretty much shelves it for me.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The gothic mystique is what kept people? I stayed because Mcconaughey and Harrelson were awesome characters and it was a good story about how he wouldnt let the case go. The cult shit was just an added bonus. Im hoping for a great cop story and some great performances from the actors, couldnt give two shits if its about a bunch of meth heads or a cult. Last thing I want is another story about an underground cult. Give me a modern day L.A. confidential with Kltsch ect and ill probably love it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think it is telling that the bar none hands down best scene of season 1, maybe contender for best scene of any tv show ever, had nothing to do with the occult. It was a fairly simple undercover detective scene just done amazingly.

spronk

FPS noob
i don't remember much detecting in the scene where alexandra daddario showed us her perfect tits and ass

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm totally fine with no occult. It was a very cool case/setting for the first season, but if the writing is as good in the second season, I don't really care what the "theme" is.

Fadaar

That guy
I think it is telling that the bar none hands down best scene of season 1, maybe contender for best scene of any tv show ever, had nothing to do with the occult. It was a fairly simple undercover detective scene just done amazingly.
You talking about the scene where he hooks up with his old gang partners from his undercover days? Cause that entire episode was awesome.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You talking about the scene where he hooks up with his old gang partners from his undercover days? Cause that entire episode was awesome.
Was that the long take? I think so, but I'm having a hard time remembering. That shit was just amazing.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One shots are cool the first time but they are only good the first viewing typically. There is so many goofs or fuck ups, watching it again just takes me out of the scene

Fadaar

That guy
Matthew McConaughey has shown a real talent for playing shady characters in recent years (True Detective and Mud, characters were very similar at least in my eyes) and to be honest I think it'll be extremely tough if not impossible to top the performance him and Harrelson paired up give us. I really hope season two is good though.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Matthew McConaughey shined because he basically played three characters in one series. The man has to be a little nuts.

If season 2 shows half the character archs season 1 did I'll enjoy it without the goth / occult / internet wishing it was Lost.

Rachel Mcadams better get nude too!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The stories he told about spending 5 years or whatever as a strung out deep undercover narco cop - that's what I want a TV series made out of.

We only got one episode of it, and it was awesome. Rust's stories about his past were more interesting than the damn show.

I'm hoping that's what we get with Colin Farrell.