True Detective

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We don't need a trailer. They'll already have plenty of people watching. The less we know, the better.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Trailer looked awful. Still excited since I think klitch and ferrell are underrated actors

comparing the trailer for season one is ridiculous. Who ever made that trailer should be never edit again

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree, the for trailer for TD2 is rather bland..feels really empty compared to the TD1 trailer. Hoping for the best though!

spronk

FPS noob
s1 gave off a supernatural vibe from the beginning, s2 looks like its giving off a shield/gangs vibe

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The best part of S1 is evident from the trailer, Mcconaughey and Harrelson are great story tellers. I honestly think Mcconaughey is one of the best ever at monologue. Nobody in S2 seems to have that. The lines weren't delivered in that S2 trailer with even half the power, but then again it sounded like most of those quotes were during real conversation/dialogue from the show. S1 was technically dialogue but it was really just a lot of Rust and Hart narrating to recount the past. S2 seems all in the present with no storytelling.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Losing the occult vibe is a mistake. That's what drew people in and distinguished it.

I'm sure season 2 will be a lot of fun, and to a degree anthologies have to reinvent themselves. This just looks like an entirely new show, though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It could go both ways. The occult thing made the first season cool, but what made it excellent was the cast and acting, in my opinion. If this has decent writing and the acting is on point, it could be as good. If they make every case based on the occult, it could actually end up being contrived.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Don't underestimate the effect that the setting had for S1 too. Louisiana just has a more occult feel to it (Sins of the Father) by default. The fact that it was filmed there too gave it a distinct and fresh feel to it visually.

That's part of my worry about s2 setting...California has been the default setting for decades of TV and film. Very little hope of a fresh take, visually.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The occult thing was nice, but I agree with Tantrik that it being in Louisiana added something unique to it. Same with Fargo exposing the northern midwest.

We've all seen a lot of crime shows and most of them occur in a big city. Season 2 being in some, San Diego / Los Angeles city makes it less interesting, occult or no.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a feeling this season is going to be very mixed...some aspects that are great, some that seem very tired and done too many times. I bet the main cast is split right down the middle too as far as who seems interesting/is killing it and who just isn't working in their role.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I have a feeling this season is going to be very mixed...some aspects that are great, some that seem very tired and done too many times. I bet the main cast is split right down the middle too as far as who seems interesting/is killing it and who just isn't working in their role.
Gonna change avatar, you reckon?

Merrith

Gonna change avatar, you reckon?
Rust was so damn great, I don't know. We'll see if any of the new characters inspire me to switch. I need to binge watch Season 1 again soon.

Also was it just me or did it seem like McAdams had the worst lines/delivery in that new trailer.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I thought this new season was supposed to be more about the CA desert setting?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Set designer for this show shops in my store. Told us last week this season isn't going to be anywhere near as good as last year. Still will give it a shot.

Merrith

Set designer for this show shops in my store. Told us last week this season isn't going to be anywhere near as good as last year. Still will give it a shot.
If legit it's kind of a downer for the set designer to already be shitting on it. Granted, high fucking bar...but still.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Losing the occult vibe is a mistake. That's what drew people in and distinguished it.
Early on plenty of people were saying they didn't like the occult stuff and how mystical it was hinting at. I think we only attribute the occult to what drew people in because it was a part of a show/story that was really well crafted, which is actually what typically draws people in. If season 2 is as well made, people will be drawn in (and probably wrongly attribute the success to something superficial, not the underlying high quality production)

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The only reason season one was so good was the out there MM performance and how Woody played off him. Without the occult shit I don't see how they have anywhere near the kind of unique vibe this season. My expectations are pretty low for this at the moment, but I'm looking forward to it.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The occult shit should have stayed just background noise. Two severely damaged individuals (who happen to be cops) and their fucked up lives tracking down some weird hillbilly serial killers is great tv by itself. Also: They killed off Reggie too fast.