True Detective

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think there was mebbe one or two sex scenes in s1 cant recall exactly. Lot of killing and other shit though. I dunno how to answer that question without adult situations being defined, and even though s1 is out for a year dont want to directly spoil anything in this thread for those that might not have seen it yet.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It's not as bad as GoT, but it's obviously more "real" and less "fantastic" so the scenes that are there may be more present in your mind.

I'd give it a 6 or 7 if GoT is at 10. I'd think a bit lower, but I don't know how much impact the realistic setting is worth.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Is there a leak for those review eps out? Didn't they decide to stream the review copies after the 4 GoT episodes leaked?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
First episode was not bad...

Hate the new theme song, was hoping they would use the song from the trailer.

Will be interesting to see where this leads.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Nice music so far, really loved the Leonard Cohen intro and Nick Cave at the end. Good start overall seems like a lot of potential.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well I loved it. 3 cops spinning out of control. Train wreck is a coming.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This Nic Pizzolatto has some secret sauce that no other writer has. No one writes shit this good for TV.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
New theme song is terrible. Farrell is playing that role really well. That school scene was hard to watch and they got right into it with the fucked up backstory when he was talking to that attorney in the beginning. I thought it was a good first episode.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
The scene with the hippy Zen father daughter talk....Was that the same location from the helicopter sniper scene from Lethal Weapon? The one where the dude gets wasted by Gary Busey in a helicopter outta nowhere?

Good show. I didn't like the music either though. It doesn't fit the theme of the show, at least what I saw tonight. Unless it veers back into occult territory.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The theme song lyrics is supposed to have something to do with the plot right?