True Detective

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The de-facto promoter of all HBO content talking to a tabloid rag like Deadline doesn't do anything for me.

He has an angle. Nielsen doesn't. The fact he had to comment at all is very telling that people are asking performance-related questions and looking for answers. It comes across as defensive.

But I am in full agreement that a hype man + Deadline could indeed tell a very cool story.

Nielsen ratings - Wikipedia

Nielsen ratings are useless. It only measures select homes and doesnt measure streaming. I think HBO has a much bettet idea of how many people are Watching this show. Don't be a clown.

As for the show I think the cops killed the pedo cousin. I also think the DA or what ever is the killer/kidnapper.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nielsen ratings are useless. It only measures select homes and doesnt measure streaming. I think HBO has a much bettet idea of how many people are Watching this show. Don't be a clown.

As for the show I think the cops killed the pedo cousin. I also think the DA or what ever is the killer/kidnapper.

Correct, but season to season comparisons are still relevant if adhering to the same standard. Season 2 wasn't THAT long ago. Sure streaming has grown in popularity and I'll look into HBO streaming and determine how much. if there is applicable data-- I'll post it.

I'll be updating the ratings again some weeks away, so you guys can take a break.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fantastic acting, decent writing and plot, but this season is doing absolutely nothing for me. Better than 2, but I’m fairly disappointed if I’m being honest with myself.

Staredog

Trakanon Raider
Agree this season is not as good as past 2. Also, Sound editor should be fired. Amped up the background noise in every scene to a point where dialogue is muted. Get off my lawn.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I feel going the route of child rape murder cult again is a bit derivative. So Mommy had some kind of arrangement with her boss the Chicken Man. This somehow involves having a secret pink room rape dungeon behind a bank vault door in your basement.

Security man was a police officer and stashed Will's bag at the Indian's house to frame the Indian as also being the murderer. Because fuck it, might as well close some other cases and get Hays and Dorff of the hunt. This secures the security guy's patronage of Chicken Man and lands him the sweet ass job for his corporation.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Probably since Tom the Dad is a fag as we know now.

It also makes sense why older Julie on the runaway would say that he is pretending to be her father if she was princessing in the pink room with the Chicken Man saying he's her real daddy or something.

But why she was a runaway exactly? Why is Chicken Man's people looking for her so desperately now? How or why did she escape? Yeah..

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Some sinister shit going on at the Hoyt residence that's for sure.

The girl in the refuge for the nun's said " you want to write a book, write about what happens to kids out here - what happens to girls". They killed the boy so she could be some kind of victim and maybe it's some huge pedo ring after all.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
chicken man should be one of the wealthiest top 1% in town, you tell me, he's walking the factory floor and some ugly blond catches his eye while shes deboning a bird?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Okay so it seems more and more obvious that Hays and Roland killed the security dude (Harris) in 90 after solving the case. Would explain the guy in the suit and tie haunting him. The whole bedroom scene in 80 where Hays talks about blocking out the past really beat it over our heads. Probably why 2015 Roland has beef, but also seems to be playing along like it isn't already solved. The car Hays has been seeing likely Roland's checking up on him. I'm sure there are more involved in the case though, like the Hoyt guy the security guard was working for and however deep the sex ring goes.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Scoot's forehead veins were out of control.

td6-scoot.jpg

• 3Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
chicken man should be one of the wealthiest top 1% in town, you tell me, he's walking the factory floor and some ugly blond catches his eye while shes deboning a bird?

Yes. Maybe he was in a dry spell? Needed to hit it and get back into the groove. Or they were like a sex cult and chicken man banged lots of women.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Arnold Schwarzenegger destroyed his marriage to impregnate this woman.

article-1388875-0C26F1CB00000578-403_468x691.jpg

Dudes don't turn down free pussy, even if they say they would.

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
This is Wesley Snipes come back. Loving it thus far.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Ya...good episode. The end was good. Looking forward to next weeks season ender.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While a good episode. The finale needs to be damn good at clearing some shit up. Leaving the ending with some ambiguity is okay sure but if the payoff isn't reasonable IDK... I won't care. It'd be like a one trick pony. S1... discover plot of child murdering pedo cult comprised of powerful people. After 20 years catch and kill the thugs actually procuring the kids but the elites escape. If S3 is the same shit just meh.

Chicken Man must be super old by 2015 in the show if he is even still alive at that time. Harris was their fixer on the police force for a time but now he's six feet under. The only real remaining one they could pursue is One Eyed Mr. June. But he was old as shit in 1990, sure as shit will be that much older in 2015 also. So that leaves us with either the Wacky Daughter living in the basement or Dan O'Brien the junkie who recruited Lucy into the game to, "give her kids a better home where people will love them" and also make some sweet cash. Isn't he dead now too? But that doesn't sound like much of a stretch to me. Dan O'Brien, Lucy's cousin who spent their childhoods fucking each other's brains out. Turns a junkie and sees Lucy have kids with Tom, who's a faggot and a drunk, so he pushes his way in to convince her that giving her kids to the Hoyt's will be good. They'll get away from her, who isn't a good mom, and Tom who's a worthless drunk. The Hoyts will take good care of them because they're rich and it's all to make Hoyt's daughter have her daughter back who died in that car crash in 1977.

How that fits into the pedo shit IDK. But this is the angle as I see it. Lucy didn't realize that they just wanted the daughter and killed Will and went nuts over it. But somehow never managed to say a word about it despite that. Which is impressive for a junkie whore. How Julie escaped and became a runaway? Who knows.

Based on the end there it seems that Hayes and Dorff were somehow observed in their killing of Harris who was 100% guilty of what they accused him of. But since Hayes and all of them make it to 2015 other than his wife. It is likely a deal of, "don't ask no questions I won't tell you no lies or tell the police you killed my dear head of security and your family remains untouched."Hayes also had to leave the police force over it like he said he did in 1990. Which is something that 2015 Hayes, in his dementia, has totally forgotten.

The payoff of the season is going to have to bring out some shitbags out of left field to take out with no other context about them. Or a bunch of super old fucks. So... I hope it is good but I don't see it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf