True Detective

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
we have to get pizza man cooking again

(deleted tweet showed that pizzolatto was following some right-wing accounts)

pizza man also like this tweet

1000003974.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I dont see how they wrap this up with a satisfying ending, other than having everyone die.

Foster doing her best McNulty impression has been the most entertaining part of the show.

• 2Worf

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
"Chief, you better get over here quick!"

I guess episode 4 didn't quite keep the ending streak going since Peter wasn't actually at that site they found Otis.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Ep before the new one went off the deep end. Fucking stooooooop with the zombie face jumpscare trope. Why does everything have to be so fucking oppressively miserable? The theme of these season is loneliness, alienation and pain. I want a cop show goddamnit

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As vanilla as Season 3 was, especially if you didn't care for Dorff-- which would make it incredibly boring in that case as there wasn't much other reason to watch, I'd still take that over jumpscare horror lovecraft whatever.

• 2Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Now we're getting somewhere, fuck yeah. Splaaaaaaat, splat. Let's goooo ice carcosa.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like Jodie Foster, but she's just not very good in this. The writers didn't do her any favors, the random angry tirades seem forced and the dialogue is meh. Pizzolatto could at least write good characters even if hes terrible at coming up with good endings.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like Jodie Foster, but she's just not very good in this. The writers didn't do her any favors, the random angry tirades seem forced and the dialogue is meh. Pizzolatto could at least write good characters even if hes terrible at coming up with good endings.

Pizzolatto only ever struggled with ep 5,6,7 arcs. Nothing else he really did wrong. His characters and dialogue were on point, besides trying to shoehorn crap on Vince Vaughn.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pizzolatto only ever struggled with ep 5,6,7 arcs. Nothing else he really did wrong. His characters and dialogue were on point, besides trying to shoehorn crap on Vince Vaughn.

This a joke? The dialogue in S1 is almost as bad as S2. Mc and Harrelson just pulled it off better.

"Time is a flat circle". Fucking lol

• 2WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This a joke? The dialogue in S1 is almost as bad as S2. Mc and Harrelson just pulled it off better.

"Time is a flat circle". Fucking lol

Wasn't any worse than a cop procedural on FX. Some of you have ridiculous expectations, which is the real joke.

Get another post up here praising Season 4 from another FOH bigbrain. The Shield had plenty worse repetitive eyerolling moments yet is revered on this forum as a gold standard in cop shows.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You claimed pizza man creates shows with good dialogue and characters. He does not. S1 was lightning in a bottle. I won't discredit the plot and premise of S1, but the dialogue and even the characters in S1 were only saved by acting chops. It's a good season of television. But... let's not praise the creator for things that were only saved by the casting director and the actors.

• 1Dislike

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A lot of people enjoyed Velcoro's character in Season 2. As well as Stephen Dorff's turn in Season 3. Dorff elevated it ala Season 1, so you could credit the actor on that more than the writer.

Their stories were just dead ends, which is why I said his problem is mainly with mid-season arcs.

• 2Like