True Detective

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Absolute garbage finale. First 3 episodes were interesting and then it just got worse and worse and nothing made sense.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not going to lie, still liked it better than Season 2, but the whole Danvers/kid angle made me feel like they were reaching into the old bag of stuff Season 1 with Cohle and his kid and the "connection" he still felt.

Also like others mentioned, the random supernatural shit just getting mostly tied up with poor explanations was pretty shit.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The ultimate ugly women revenge fantasy

• 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This was fucking horrible.

Didn’t like a single character, the writing was cringe and the story was just straight up retarded.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
they were all incel nerds

and anni destroyed their toys
I know you are being facetious but these men dedicated their lives to the greater good and cures for diseases that would save billions, just when they were making progress it was destroyed.
I have spent many hours making BMX jumps out of dirt only to come back the next day and some asshat destroyed it, made me want to throw down. If I spent years and the same thing happened…

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It reminded me of this Lego study and why giving this show to a woman was a terrible idea.

When men write a detective show, they write it about being a detective. Solving crimes, fighting bad guys, doing investigative work.

When women write a detective show, they write it about being a woman. The detective thing is just something for them to give a back story to the character.

This show is just 6 episodes of female horseshit, who just happen to be cops, culminating in the ultimate revenge fantasy of ugly women everywhere, killing men for the crime of being men.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob
gsa0pbfy1kjc1.jpeg

there was only one real plot hole in such an air tight season, pete is driving all around town the same night the two true detectives(tm) are stuck at tsalal with a ton of cars around them. cars that would have been warmer than a fire. cars they could have driven off in. but the cars run on misogny so thats probably why they couldn't start them, the writers are 2 steps ahead of everyone.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know you are being facetious but these men dedicated their lives to the greater good and cures for diseases that would save billions, just when they were making progress it was destroyed.
I have spent many hours making BMX jumps out of dirt only to come back the next day and some asshat destroyed it, made me want to throw down. If I spent years and the same thing happened…
The thing that annoyed me unless I missed it was they never clarified how or what diseases. It was pretty hand wavy.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
watching the first episode. hope this improves. pretty boring right now. i dont care about injun magic.

Dont waste your life like we did. Every episode gets progressively worse.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
We havent watched the finale yet but my initial vibe on this show moldered as episodes went by. Doing Bear and Fargo at the same time and just the difference in level of craft and writing and storytelling is crazy. Someone said it, it had a cool vibe for the alienness of the setting but it spun off into caring about everything other than the cop/murder mystery. They have this big stupid set piece of the dead guys and then they literally ship it off to Anchorage never to be seen or much talked about again. Kid-detective's dad is retarded. There is zero subtlety or nuance or the story itself, following formulas we pretty much have all the main players and their part in the story established in Ep. 1 and there has been zero deviation.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We havent watched the finale yet but my initial vibe on this show moldered as episodes went by. Doing Bear and Fargo at the same time and just the difference in level of craft and writing and storytelling is crazy. Someone said it, it had a cool vibe for the alienness of the setting but it spun off into caring about everything other than the cop/murder mystery. They have this big stupid set piece of the dead guys and then they literally ship it off to Anchorage never to be seen or much talked about again. Kid-detective's dad is retarded. There is zero subtlety or nuance or the story itself, following formulas we pretty much have all the main players and their part in the story established in Ep. 1 and there has been zero deviation.
what the fuck? so its not about the scientists at all? whats it about? that stupid dead woman with the missing tongue? i was about to click on ep3.
iu