Tulsa King

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I won't compare 4 to the classics, but it's one of my favorites.

I've seen Rambo 4 about every year since it's release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Rambo 4 is a classic. its easily the second best Rambo film and one of his all time bests. its so unbelievably cool and badass.
this show looks interesting. i think i will start it. only because Stallone.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I definitely think it's better than anything but First Blood.

• 2Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode was okay, it's definitely not a character study from Terence Winter and not really a Sons of Anarchy shit tier soap opera gig from Taylor Sheridan, both of them did both awesome and mediocre stuff but let's see how Stallone holds it. I could hear him narrate my laundry routine and still get excited about dry conditioner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
They lean real heavy on the old school guy being a fish out of water but I don’t mind it. The episode where sly gets accidentally dosed by weed chutney, he goes on a tirade on the drive home that’s great.

75 (or thus billed in the show) and I’d still fuck his brains out

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
First Blood is probably the best complete movie.

Rambo 4 is the best action movie.

While 3 is the most over the top ridiculous with a game of chicken between a tank and an apache helicopter. Also spin kicking a guy into a hole in the ground after you tied a rope around his neck and attached a grenade to his chest so he falls to his death, breaks his neck, and explodes at the same time

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's surprisingly hard to find pictures of Stallone shirtless organized by movie. I am disappointed in the internet. I did see Rambo 4 but that was over 10 years ago. I just remembered he looked ridiculous for a 60+ gentleman. Never saw Rambo 5.

This is the gayest fucking thread ever.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
1669550021931.png

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone watching this? Pretty fucking good so far, but like, bad in a good way? Hard to really explain.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm still watching. It's a little corny and it seems like the plot doesn't advance much since the episodes are not much over 30 minutes. Some good laughs but comedy isn't really Stallone's strong suit.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’m enjoying it. Based on the way this weeks episode ended it looks like the plot might finally pick up.

Last edited:

Kiki

Log Wizard
Anyone watching this? Pretty fucking good so far, but like, bad in a good way? Hard to really explain.

I saw a bit of the intro and I get that. The acting was not good but it was kinda like watching a trainwreck. I will probably finish the episode but I don't know.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
Interesting to see all the praise. I really wanted to like it, but it just felt off to me.

It felt like they were trying to make him really likeable, but his interactions with the dispensary came off as the opposite. I think it would have worked better if he was muscling out some other small time criminals trying to extort the place for protection.

Is it worth picking back up if I wasn't a fan of the pilot?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It felt like they were trying to make him really likeable, but his interactions with the dispensary came off as the opposite. I think it would have worked better if he was muscling out some other small time criminals trying to extort the place for protection.
Response to your spoiler which includes a spoiler from the latest episode (as of Dec 29th):

The dispensary owner ends up being an actual criminal himself, as revealed in the latest episode.

As for is it worth watching more if you didn't like the Pilot, I guess probably not, but I do think it gets a bit better once it gets through the introduction parts.

I'm enjoying the show for what it is, which is mindless entertainment. If you can turn your brain off and prevent yourself from saying "that would never actually happen" then it's a good watch. Just don't expect some deep classic or whatever.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I binged everything edit: [up to Ep 8]tonight, and I really liked it. It is kinda like Get Shorty, I guess, but I haven't seen that in 20 years so its more of a feeling than anything. Not completely serious more of the time but has that Elmore Leonard sense of fun evident in that and Justified which can quickly turn deadly and serious.

Sly plays the Mobster with Unbreakable Fierce Loyalty™ who is trying to navigate the outside world after a 25 year prison stint, also dealing inter-and intra Family and family struggles after the said 25 year stint (which would have started in 1997). It doesn't all line up but that's OK, its still great TV.

How does he look so young? Copious amounts of custom designed HGH and replacement TRT, among other things. I went back to look through pics to see if you could see the difference in his head and hands but nothing that's really super revelatory. I need to go back and watch the full "More Plates More Dates" Joe Rogan podcast but I wonder if they mention Stallone on there at all. If they take the Rock to task for staying jacked at 50, you know Sly, born July 6, 1946 and now 76, has so much sauce running through his veins he could open BBQ places in KC and in Austin simultaneously. No judgement, though: At 76 he looks amazing and how many more years does anyone get past that? And he is getting them in amazing shape.

One of the best things about this show is all the times they call all of these things out: Stacey saying he looks like a "hard 55", his rant on the ride back from the weed farm about how much things have changed; the NY consigliere commenting that his crew is like the Village people; and so many more.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I binged everything but the finale tonight......
Episode 8 is not the finality. It is interesting how if you go to google number of episodes, it does say 8 in a few places. It might have been 8 originally but it looks like it goes to 10 Episodes.

That being said, if it had been, that would have been a weak ass last episode.

This is the man who played Rocky and Rambo. The last episode better have some people dying.