TV Foodie Feeds the Trolls and Loses TV Show

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i used to be a viewer of the Man Versus Food show years ago and it was mostly this guy making himself sick trying to eat 10 pound cheeseburgers. now this guy lost some weight and fancies himself a gourmand.
Man vs Food star has show taken off air after 'thinspiration' rant | Television radio | theguardian.com
Adam Richman, the US TV host whose former show Man vs Food has become a cult hit in recent years, has seen his new series Man Finds Food "postponed indefinitely" after he sent abusive comments during an argument on Instagram.

The furore began when Richman posted an Instagram photo with the caption: "Had ordered this suit from a Saville Row tailor over a year ago. Think I'm gonna need to take it in a little ?" He added the hashtag #thinspiration.

One Instagram user criticised him for using the tag, saying it "glorifies negative media self-imagery that being thin is better as opposed to any other body style" (the term can be used on social networks and blogs to celebrate unnecessary and unhealthy weight loss). Richman responded by writing "DILLIGAF", which means "Does it look like I give a fuck?" To other critics he wrote, "Oh eat a bag of shit, dummy. No apology is coming. If it inspires someone to attain a healthy thinner body then that was what it was meant to do. Only fuckup it seems was your dad's choice to go without a condom," and "grab a razor blade and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you."

The comments have since been deleted, as have Richman's subsequent apologies, where he wrote: "I've responded to internet hate recently with vile words directed at those hating me. I am sorry, I should know better & will do better."

Now the Travel Channel, which was due to air his new show, has postponed the airing of his new show. The network has not commented on its reasons for the decision, instead stating simply: "Travel Channel is postponing the July 2 series premiere of Man Finds Food."

Richman has made another public apology, issuing a statement to ABC News: "I've long struggled with my body image and have worked very hard to achieve a healthy weight. I'm incredibly sorry to everyone I've hurt."

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Deserves to lose his show for his stupidity. You can't lose your cool and say shit like that in public.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Headlines act like the problem is that he used the thinspiration hashtag, but I think the comments about someone's dad not wearing a condom and the request of someone to commit suicide are the real culprits here.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People act like the problem is that he used the thinspiration hashtag, but I think the comments about someone's dad not wearing a condom and the request of someone to commit suicide are the real culprits here.
of course it is. adam richmond has been one of the faces of travel channel for 10ish years, even if he was zinging some trolls, you dont say shit like that where it can be seen or traced to you saying it. if he was smart he would have set up a fake account and just told these people whatever nasty thing he could think of and people will just think its somebody whiteknighting richmond. as it is now. travel channel is now faced with one of their senior spokesmen telling people to go kill themselves after they just spent x amount of cash producing and advertising a new show with him as the host. no job would put up with this shit and certainly no job in media. paula deen called somebody a American Inventor in 1973 and 40 years later it cost her her job.

im curious what travel channel will do. try and ride out the storm and hope this goes away then air the shows later on or just squash the show and remove any adam richmond program and tell the guy to take a hike. unlike duck dynasty, richmond is no longer part of a hit show and he certainly cant fall back on his religious beliefs for telling someone to go kill themselves. dude is fucked IMO. hope he has some money in the bank.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he's an idiot, plain and simple. he needed "social media for celebrities/internet personalities for dummies". open book and the training is "ignore comments", end. rich fat bitch with an empire like paula dean almost got taken out, this glutten stands no chance.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Guy wasn't relevant anymore after he stopped doing Man V Food anyways. How many failed shows could he have? The one where he trained others to do the challenges was just stupid..

I noticed in the last season of man v food he wasn't drinking water anymore but instead alcohol. I wonder if he's a drunk and did this while drunk.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Holy fuck I hate fat bitch feminists on the internet. Of course Adam will be happy he is now healthier after losing weight after the show. He's gone over it again and again how being that overweight and unhealthy was making him feel like shit every day of his life.

spronk

FPS noob
this is the whale who took offense to his comments

amberA.jpg

Tenks

Holy fuck lol. There is no defending that body type. That is just outright obese, unhealthy and disgusting.

Tenks

From looking at the photo this isn't the first time this troll has been fed

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This entire PC shit has to stop. Are we just supposed to accept big ass snow flakes like that? fuck that! That bitch is an ugly, fat, obese cow. There is nothing pretty or acceptable about that. She fucking eats too much and then lashes out at people which do not accept her fat ass as a regular person. YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR PERSON.