Blackwing Lair Raider
this is the whale who took offense to his comments

amberA.jpg
God I hate fat women, they drive so crazy

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this is the whale who took offense to his comments

amberA.jpg
the thing is that whale is adam richmond's core audience. who do you think are the ones taking on eating challenges? sure you get some college kids with quick metabolisms trying win a bet or a jock wanting to add some calories, but its mostly the obese. the travel channel knows this and for him to tell one of their cash cows (pun is very intended) to go kill themselves or that their existence is a mistake then there is going to be a lot of angry fatties screaming for blood. travel channel blood. travel channel had no choice, especially since richmond is pretty much a nobody in the last few years. this show was his chance at a comeback. and yeah that didnt work so well and now he has an excuse to drink.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The fat bitch isn't the problem. If people ignore them they'll go away, but they're getting attention. The problem was what Adam said back to her. Say that shit at any job to someone you work with or interact with and you'll be fired on the spot.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
the thing is that whale is adam richmond's core audience. who do you think are the ones taking on eating challenges? sure you get some college kids with quick metabolisms trying win a bet or a jock wanting to add some calories, but its mostly the obese. the travel channel knows this and for him to tell one of their cash cows (pun is very intended) to go kill themselves or that their existence is a mistake then there is going to be a lot of angry fatties screaming for blood. travel channel blood. travel channel had no choice, especially since richmond is pretty much a nobody in the last few years. this show was his chance at a comeback. and yeah that didnt work so well and now he has an excuse to drink.
His core audience aren't people who do eating challenges, but people who want to watch people do eating challenges. Come on Astr0.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I watched MvF religiously and I weigh 145 lbs. My brother watched it even more religiously and he weighs maybe 170 lbs. All the top competitive eaters globally are all not obese people. You can't just make shit up without any proof behind what you're talking about.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
his core audience are people who like to eat food, a lot of it.
I'm a big time foodie - and loved MvF as does the wife - and our total weight together is just under 300 lbs bro. (130 here, wife is 170 [both 5'2"] - she is still dieting some, not sure how realistically low she can get though, being 34DD and a much heavier frame than me [Russian bone structure, go figure]) Hell, even our friends that have actually seen some of the events live were skinny folk.

Of course the challenge parts were often the most uninteresting parts of the show for us - but that was like 5-7 min of the program. (10 min per restaurant he covered with a few minutes introducing the challenge items and how they're made)

With the denouement of the program starting so late we usually just watched it anyhow even though the interest of the pass/fail on it was moot. (Besides us constantly saying about 30-45 sec in, "Ok, I'd be done and hurting now"...)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I watched MvF religiously and I weigh 145 lbs. My brother watched it even more religiously and he weighs maybe 170 lbs. All the top competitive eaters globally are all not obese people. You can't just make shit up without any proof behind what you're talking about.
Same here. I'm 6' tall and 180 lbs and I love Man vs Food. Maybe Astro is projecting his feelings upon the entire audience.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
maybe this is all to pump up july4 nathans ratings since they banned kobayashi

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was going by the core audience of most tv shows, people who sit around and snack all day watching tv arent always very fit. yeah if you watch a few tv shows and are doing other things that dont involve sitting and eating you will be fitter. but at the core, the key demo of these cooking shows are obese people. i base this off a study run by Doctors Howard, Fine and Howard done during the 30s.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
alright fine a12 the majority of americans sitting at home all day watching tv shows about food are not obese at all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What a profound leap to a conclusion.
not really, but since i dont have a study in front of me proving that people who watch a tv star consume delicious food in mass quantities on tv encourages them to eat more than what is considered healthy for them, i have to say its all just an assumption based on anecdotal evidence.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'd heard of Man Versus Food but I've never seen a single episode. I always thought it was about a guy trying to eat really disgusting exotic shit around the world.

On the topic of the thread, I think both of them are idiots: him for feeding the trolls and her for being a giant sack of useless fat.