TV over the internet???

dolaan_sl

shitlord
I am working for a company that is only 1 year old, but things have been going well and we are expanding our offices considerably. We have clients that come to the office so the president really wants the office to be top notch and I agree. He has decided that he wants 2 TVs for the office, one for the general area we are designing for collaboration (we can use it for PowerPoint but also for general fun like movies, sports etc, we will also have a dry erase wall paper in this area) the other TV he wants in his office and when you own a company and you want a TV in your office and I am in charge of the project you get a TV in your office.

The problem is the tower that our company is located in only has Frontier service, I have asked the super if I can get cable or satellite and he said it was out of the question. In my opinion Time Warner would run the cable for free just to get new customers for their business class, but that is a moot point as the super is not budging and to be honest there may be a perfectly reasonable reason that I do not know about.

So I am left with trying to figure out how to get a regular signal on the 2 TVs.

We currently have:
Frontier Business Unlimited main line
Bus HSI w/ Dynamic IP
6520 High Speed Internet Gateway

I only add all that because I really do not know what it means and want you to have all the potential information you may need to help me.

I figured I will get the TVs with the WIFI so I can hook them up to the network, but what are my options for TV channels??? Also if you have any TV recommendations I would appreciate that as well. Obviously it can not involve anything not on the up and up, but I am not thinking Hulu plus will really be what he wants.

All I have been able to come up with on my own is:
Time Warner Cable has a IPhone and IPad app were you can watch regular TV, but obviously we need a have time warner and I am not sure this app would be available for a TV.

Any ideas??

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you want to keep it legit(and I assume you do), really, your only options are services like Netflix and Hulu. You can *probably* do something like HBOGo. Pay for the subscription somewhere else(like your house!) and then let people using the TV at work sign on to that account. I'm guessing that most internet TVs won't have an HBOGo app, so you might have to buy a separate box like a Boxee Box or a Roku2.

You're most likely not going to find a live offering of tv channels that would simulate watching tv through the internet.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your boss prolly wants to watch FOX or CNN all day. If you are in a tower there has to be some way to get cable or dish.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
An HD antenna can usually pick up most local channels. If you want it more streamlined you can even add something like a BoxeeTV box (or any of several that are like it). Depending upon your location you might need a big antenna, but you probably can put it somewhere out of the way and just run wire to the TV or box. If it is in NY as your location suggests, I wouldn't think you'd have too much trouble getting over the air channels.

Cable channels, on the other hand...you're fairly fucked if you can't get cable or a dish, and he wants them "real time."

Speaking of which, just because the super doesn't want dish, can't you just set it up in someone's office facing the right direction? A single satellite dish really isn't that big, and if you mounted it near the ceiling it wouldn't even really get in the way much.

Fuck the Super, he just doesn't want more work made for him, talk to your landlord.

OneD24.jpg

OneD24.jpg