Twin Peaks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
Dear god, the number of recognizable character actors in this show is nothing short of astounding.

twinpeakscast1-png.141236

twinpeakscast2-png.141237

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Tim Roth? Really?

I guess if you asked any actor "Hey, do you want to be in next Twin Peaks?" Who's really going to say no to that ?

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I'm having trouble staying interested in this, new series completely fails to recapture the tone and atmosphere of the original. In the original series it was like 80% soap opera 20% Lynch weirdness, now it seems that ratio has been flipped upside down. Probably because there is nobody from the network pushing back on Lynch's more bizarre ideas.
Ep 5 was the best one yet and ep 6 was the worst. Waiting to see where it goes.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Lynch cracks me up. Just when it feels like things are in motion, NO, 5 MINUTES OF SWEEPING.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That scene reminded me of some of the shit in the Sopranos, where scenes would kind of drag on unnecessarily long, creating tension.

But nope, just sweeping and then a random phone call. Lynch gonna Lynch.

and
Coop's little fight scene where he owned that goofy ass psycho dwarf was awesome, fucking throat chops and that goddamn fleshhead tree whispering, that was surreal as fuck. Also scraping the skin off the handgun, don't fuck with Cooper, autism or no.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So, I'm not really ready to process that, whatever the fuck it was.

So it's clear that the a-bomb was the initiating action that created either Bob, the mother (called Experiment), or both. With the explosion of the bomb, man opened up something, allowed these things to come and occupy the Lodge. The charred men seem to be acting as surrogates for Bob and the rest. So Bob infects humanity as the freaky frogroach thing, and the charred men create the environment where that is possible. Then whatever the fuck happened with the Giant.

Of all the questions I ever had about Twin Peaks, I don't think "how did Bob come into being" was one of them.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I've never believed otherwise but now I think even the mere possibility of doubt has been removed; David Lynch had one hell of a good time in the 60's.

That just might have been the weirdest shit I have ever stuck with to watch through to completion.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
For sure. If this had just been a random film of his rather than Twin peaks, I wouldn't have watched it I don't think.

Seriously, Nine Inch Nails were in this one, and no one is talking about that anywhere.

Royal

When the rest of your show makes Trent Reznor seem as normal as some white bread crooner from the 1950's by comparison you've really done something.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
It's almost like he doesn't have to worry about a fourth season or box office returns so he's going all out...

This is Lynch: Unleashed.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I just got done binge watching the first 2 seasons and got caught up on the new series. Really enjoyed the old school show but wow did it drop off the 2nd season. They definitely should have had Cooper and Audrey Horne hook up and have Cooper take her cherry.

I think I have enjoyed the newer one even more so then the original. Its much darker. The only annoying part is autistic Cooper. I understand when he "wakes up" its going to be a major turning point in the story so makes sense they are waiting till the end. I find it hilarious though that everyone just sort of accepts autistic Douge and make one comment about him acting weird and then continue on about their business.

Evil Cooper is a bad ass and wouldn't mind a spin off series about his shenanigans the last 25 years.

Last episode was as fucked up as anything I have ever seen. How does someone even imagine such things. Lots of LSD and DMT I suppose.

Looking forward to the finale.

Royal

I find it hilarious though that everyone just sort of accepts autistic Douge and make one comment about him acting weird and then continue on about their business.

Yeah it's like he's being covered by some special provision of the "God watches over children, drunks, and fools" business.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
b-biscuit and i actually enjoyed the parts of season 2 that everyone else dislikes. not sure how everyone thinks its that much different than season 1. the new series is really good, too, but i honestly am missing the soap opera-y feel from seasons 1 and 2. i'm guessing there will be more of it in coming episodes as all these plot threads start converging back on the town of Twin Peaks itself.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I just thought season 2 was incredibly long. I like Lynch's take on the soap opera-y stuff, but I prefer shorter seasons.