Twin Peaks

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
My biggest issues with season 2 was that the story just didn't pull me in. The whole Windham Earl thing could have been cool yet the way the actor played the character didn't match up with how he was described. Cooper described him as a cold calculating genius and the actor played him like he was the Riddler from the 1960's batman show.

I also didn't like the love stories between agent Cooper + Annie and Audrey + Jack. There was no spark between any of them. From what I have read, the original intention was for Cooper and Audrey to hook up but Kyle Maclachlan was dating Laura Flynn Boyle in real life and she didn't like Sherilyne Fenn's character getting any more attention and additional screen time. I think that love story would have been more believable then these random strangers they brought into the show.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The whole Windham Earl thing could have been cool yet the way the actor played the character didn't match up with how he was described. Cooper described him as a cold calculating genius and the actor played him like he was the Riddler from the 1960's batman show.

very accurate and my biggest gripe about season 2 as well,

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just binged season 1 and 2. So now I started 3. Holy shit is it... different.

I won't give up on it yet, but if I didn't love the original show I don't know if I would like this.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you make it to episode 8, report back, because I want to rofl at your reaction to that if you're having a hard time with the earlier episodes.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I've never believed otherwise but now I think even the mere possibility of doubt has been removed; David Lynch had one hell of a good time in the 60's.

That just might have been the weirdest shit I have ever stuck with to watch through to completion.
LOL there was an interview years back where Lynch was asked about meditation and acid and in typical fashion he said, "I would not recommend my films to people on drugs," or some shit.

8 was really good. Reminded me of 2001's ending only several times better/totally fucked.

Doesn't help one bit towards a cohesive narrative, of course.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Ep 10 was better than 9. Good stuff all around. The chick at the end is the same from Mulholland Drive. Hot dang her voice is ethereal.

We're halfway through and everything's too slow. Starting to doubt the buildup will amount to much. Dougie was funny for an episode or two but not ten. Get the fuck on with it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Not enough "Twin Peaks" so far. Really hope this takes almost an immediate jump to actually taking place in Twin Peaks.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Ep 10 was better than 9. Good stuff all around. The chick at the end is the same from Mulholland Drive. Hot dang her voice is ethereal.

We're halfway through and everything's too slow. Starting to doubt the buildup will amount to much. Dougie was funny for an episode or two but not ten. Get the fuck on with it.
Yup. Enough with the special needs soap opera.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
18 episodes in the season, right? So now over half the episodes have Dougie instead of Cooper. Unacceptable.

• 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
My only issue is that I feel like this season could have easily been edited down to 14 or 15 episodes instead of 18. Other than that, it's still my favorite season of Twin Peaks.

Dougie's sex scene was fucking hilarious.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, Dougie is hilarious in general,and Janey-E is the perfect foil for him and pretty funny in her own right.

It's just unexpected. You're like "FUCK YEAH! Twin Peaks! Coop is back! Bookhouse Boys ride again son!" and then Coop is retarded and Truman doesn't come back and 70% of the show takes place outside of Twin Peaks. It's a lot of expectations to adjust. So I'd at least like to have Coop back and get into the business.

• 1Solidarity

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, Dougie is hilarious in general,and Janey-E is the perfect foil for him and pretty funny in her own right.

It's just unexpected. You're like "FUCK YEAH! Twin Peaks! Coop is back! Bookhouse Boys ride again son!" and then Coop is retarded and Truman doesn't come back and 70% of the show takes place outside of Twin Peaks. It's a lot of expectations to adjust. So I'd at least like to have Coop back and get into the business.

If you go into a Lynch production expecting... anything, you're already making a mistake.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Dougie having sex was certainly hilarious.

Dig the quality, modern aesthetic, but I'm yet to be convinced this season is the best.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You guys give up on this show for now? Just got around to Sunday's episode, and it was one of the best episodes so far this season. The bulk of it actually happened in Twin Peaks. Still stuck with DerpCoop but pretty sure we are getting closer to getting Agent Cooper back.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I thought the most recent episode was the best so far. Lots of Twin Peaks action plus that scene with Gordon at the abandoned house was both awesome and hilarious. The shot of him from Albert's POV all fucked up then move back to the POV from outside the fence and he's just waving his arms in the air, I lolled.

• 1Like