Twin Peaks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watch season 1 and then watch the last two episodes of season 2 (read some summaries of the previous episodes), and you'll be good to go. I wouldn't watch it without at least seeing all of season 1 & the season 2 finale. Season 1 is very, very good tv even by today's standard.

Good idea. I was having some issues placing some faces. "HELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO"
Btw. What scene was Pulaski in? At the Bang Bang bar?
Pulaski is the woman on the couch in front of the fire place before the switch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Just watched the first episode of the original and Im hooked. Really takes me back to the 90s.

iannis

Musty Nester
Lynch has always made beautiful and interesting constructions of absolute nonsense.

I feel like between them Lynch and Gilliam are the ones who highlight the good things about american postmodernism in the "scripted for camera" media. Lynch became less and less considerate of a cohesive narrative as time went on, Gilliam became more. But they're really very similar artists.

Not bad company for either of them.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Lynch clearly has dark powers, given he got Deborah Ann Woll to get her tits out after she held out as the only clothed woman for 7 years of true blood.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
HELLLLLOooooo

Glad to see Lynch can still write some goofy scenes alongside the surrealist nightmare stuff. Robert Forster is a nice touch as well.
That was my concern. There was little doubt in a genuine revival and in Lynch bringing the crazy. Hoped the quaint humor would remain intact.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
do I need to watch the original before watching the new episodes?

Others have said it but I'll concur. Watch the old series first. I wasn't sure before I saw the new premier, but after watching it, I'm going to go back through and watch all the old stuff again before watching any more of the new.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just watched the first episode of the original and Im hooked. Really takes me back to the 90s.

Yeah, I always felt the premiere was one of the better episodes I have ever seen. Probably because Lynch practically intended it to be a movie.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man those 4 episodes delivered for lovers of the original, in spades. So much weird shit happening, I am going to need to rewatch them a time or two before any more come out.

Very glad I watched the first 2 seasons over again, I think tonight I am going to hit up Fire Walk With Me just to make sure I get the full experience. No real backstory other than the 25 year Laura Palmer scene right up front, no wasted episodes rehashing shit from 20 years ago, just a full on assault of WTF. Beautiful.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Finished the first season last night. I enjoyed it though my interest in the story itself started to wane past the second half of the season. I think I enjoyed the atmosphere and the tone of the show more than the actual writing.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Finished the first season last night. I enjoyed it though my interest in the story itself started to wane past the second half of the season. I think I enjoyed the atmosphere and the tone of the show more than the actual writing.

Heads up: There are going to be parts of the second season that really drag dick through the dirt but the last couple episodes will make up for it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Heads up: There are going to be parts of the second season that really drag dick through the dirt but the last couple episodes will make up for it.
yeah I wasn't planning on watching the second season and based on what I read from summaries earlier I'm glad I didn't.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you're struggling with season 2, just watch S2E9, S2E20-E22 and you will be prepped for Fire Walk With Me, which I don't think is necessary for the new series but probably helps. At a minimum, S2E21 and 22. Those episodes are really good.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
To follow up on what you said earlier Keg, the shows appeal is certainly more about the atmosphere/directing over the writing. This new season seems to be no different.

Btw, that Tracy chick "was" pretty hot.

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
It was a bit less than halfway through episode four when I first felt that I was watching Twin Peaks rather than a Lynchian fever dream that borrowed elements from the original.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
J0SsP4A.jpg

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It was a bit less than halfway through episode four when I first felt that I was watching Twin Peaks rather than a Lynchian fever dream that borrowed elements from the original.
I'm two episodes in and this is pretty much how I feel. A bit too top heavy with the Lynchian surrealism shit.

• 1Solidarity