Twin Peaks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Twin Peaks

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller

First aired: 1990-04-08

Creator: David Lynch, Mark Frost

Cast: Harry Goaz, Kyle MacLachlan, Mädchen Amick, Dana Ashbrook, Kimmy Robertson, Russ Tamblyn, Michael Horse, Peggy Lipton, Richard Beymer, Sheryl Lee, Jane Levy, Naomi Watts, Harry Dean Stanton, Amanda Seyfried, Laura Dern, Miguel Ferrer, Caleb Landry Jones, Amy Shiels

Overview: The body of Laura Palmer is washed up on a beach near the small Washington state town of Twin Peaks. FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper is called in to investigate her strange demise only to uncover a web of mystery that ultimately leads him deep into the heart of the surrounding woodland and his very own soul.

Fedor

<Banned>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 80523[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Twin Peaks[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1990-04-08[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The body of Laura Palmer is washed up on a beach near the small Washington state town of Twin Peaks. FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper is called in to investigate her strange demise only to uncover a web of mystery that ultimately leads him deep into the heart of the surrounding woodland and his very own soul.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

View attachment 80524

iannis

Musty Nester
twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-david-lynch-11154256-720-405.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, it's about time for this to happen. I eagerly await the "30 Something" revival.

Oh wait. That's every show on television.

Kinda like how David Lynch has had such a strong and nebulous influence that we've had Twin Peaks shows since... and most of them are better than Twin Peaks was. Can't blame them for trying to cash in. At the same time, you can't go home again.

2018: The X Files, Son Of Scully. ONLY ON STARZ.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If it's on Starz then it's guaranteed that Scully's son gets anally probed every episode.

Edit: Added oblig video.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I am fucking psyched. This is awesome.

Gravity Falls is basically an animated Twin Peaks for Disney, should check it out. I had a friend telling e all the hidden stuff there and I got into it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
To my mind the only bad thing Lynch has ever done was Inland Empire, and it wasn't so much that it was bad, more that it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted more narrative, Lynch didn't want that. Unless love is truly over and the world is a dark abyss of nothingness, I can't imagine how this could be bad.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My reluctance comes from my dislike of or better yet disappointment in season 2.
When it went from quirky murder mystery/thriller to full on supernatural I kinda lost interest.
Granted I'm not a huge fan of Lynch but I did enjoy Twin Peaks, Eraserhead and Dune. I've never gone out of my way to see his work. Maybe someday.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hey, at least she beat her anorexia/bulemia.

It is strange how she can have a fat head and chickenlegs. But at least liposuction > fingers down the throat. Good on her.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well I'm in. They just released the complete series on Blu-Ray also.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Mark Frost: At the time, we were doing whatever we could to get ABC to say yes to a third season. That was very much part of our thinking. It turned out to be a pretty good stopping place, if it had never gone anywhere else, it had at least had an exclamation point at the end of it. Now we have a chance to write the next sentence.
I remember watching the last episode (one of the few Lynch took a hand in) and thinking it can't end like that. With just 9 episodes and hopefully no James Hurley the story should be more focused this time.

Szlia

To my mind the only bad thing Lynch has ever done was Inland Empire, and it wasn't so much that it was bad, more that it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted more narrative, Lynch didn't want that. Unless love is truly over and the world is a dark abyss of nothingness, I can't imagine how this could be bad.
What about The Straight Story?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I've never actually seen that one. My dad liked it, not sure if that is good or bad though.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database