Twitch now has a dress code

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Twitch Enforces Dress Code Rules

"Wearing no clothing or sexually suggestive clothing - including lingerie, swimsuits, pasties, and undergarments - is prohibited," the dress code continues, "as well as any fully nude torsos." This applies to both male and female broadcasters, but Twitch does give a bit of lee-way. If you live in a warm climate, Twitch won't make you put on a sweater. Instead, they suggest that you "just crop the webcam to your face. Problem solved." And if you're stuck for something to wear, the Rules also note that Twitch "sell t-shirts, and those are always acceptable."
Nude casting was never a problem but this will stem the tide a little for the cleavage whores and cosplayers. Guys will still donate to them absurd amounts of money regardless.

RPz1t76.gif

c8b7c33eb4adb2cdc3048619ad2f460b.gif

khorum

Murder Apologist
Amazon ruining fun.

What's this puritanical bullshit?
It's because they're gonna monetize the fuck out of twitch. Expect some fairly rigorous oddball rules that will limit their liability, make DMCA compliance easier/cheaper and an extremely granular content segmentation system.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's because they're gonna monetize the fuck out of twitch. Expect some fairly rigorous oddball rules that will limit their liability, make DMCA compliance easier/cheaper and an extremely granular content segmentation system.
It already was extremely monetized.

They just have a lot larger liability than Twitch because they actually have assets.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So by their wording, apparently you're not allowed to wear underwear on stream. At all.

Doesn't say anything about wearing #nopants either.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
It already was extremely monetized.

They just have a lot larger liability than Twitch because they actually have assets.
Yep. Just like in real life. You can let your little ass hang out in a small tribal backwater but you have to cover it that shit up when you are in the big city. Amazon is the big city.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
As long as I don't have to see that hairy dude topless anymore on SeriousGaming's thumbnails when I'm randomly scrolling through games... so disgusting.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think it's worded quite vaguely so they can enforce it as they feel fit. Wagamama doing shirtless streams at 7k MMR in Dota2 is nothing like some barely average camwhore showing tits.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
It doesn't say a damn thing about cleavage so you can rest easy that all the camwhores are still around. They also stated that heavy drinking is a bannable offense now too.

Caliane

I think its a mistake.
Should have kept it at no nudity. And simply created some kind of nsfw tag/block for users that want to allow more.

Twitch is not network TV, its user created content. do not restrict users.

whats youtubes policy in regards to this kind of thing?

Should get some mom to breastfeed on twitch to fight against the absurdity.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I... actually that is reasonable. Twitch not only has a right to, but I think should, establish a set of logical, fair and evenly applied community standards just like societies do. There are plenty of places on the internet to get webcam T&A, twitch doesn't really need to be another one.

I'm no prude either, this is the city I live in:

bayr_sl

shitlord
It's a video game streaming site not a camwhore site, of which there are countless out there for these whores to show tits for donations on

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but on those sites you just get to see them be terrible at life, at least on Twitch we can watch them be terrible at DoTA and LoL.