Twitch purchased by Amazon

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It'll be hard for me to switch to the web player again since I've been using Livestreamer and chatty for so long. May give it a shot though. The mobile player has steadily improved over the past couple of years also.

spronk

FPS noob
i feel like a king, deciding which one of these streamer plebs I will grant my free sub to. Dance for me monkeys, dance

I hop around a lot, usually can tell in the first minute if a streamer is an annoying tardo or someone I like listening to. Its not always obvious either, someone like nickmercs (COD) or gothalion on destiny come off as loud assholes but I actually enjoy listening to them, whereas I can't stand at all people like lirik, broman, etc

and I pretty much tune in every night to /food or /bobross to just chill with some booze while playing forza

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
easy for me, cdn. I get plenty of LOL's out of his stream. Dude is pretty good at the games he plays as well. Just seems like an all around cool dude.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I almost exclusively watch 8 and 16-bit speed runners and the various big fighting game tourneys. Most of the streamers have <200 viewers which makes chat actually enjoyable.
I just can't be bothered with the majority of big streamers like Lirik. He is one of the dirt worst. Can't stand him at all.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This Prime deal is pretty significant for partnered streamers. A free sub a month for tons of people is huge. That's just free money on the table that twitch is giving back. Plus all those Prime accounts count for ad views when ads get run, including the entry ad to streams that twitch does on it's own. That's insane. Even for someone like me who runs a pretty small community channel we gained 20% more subs over the past 2 days from free Prime, and I'd imagine we'll get some more.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I gave mine to Haiimbelle but I wish she would switch to overwatch. She's mainly csgo now.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am glad this thread got bumped just so I could read Kaceytron's resume. She builds computers with her bear hands!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I gave my free one to EXBC. They are a Korean couple that walk around Korea and play Ingress(South Korean government won't allow Pokemon Go for some reason) and do a lot of Social Eating too. It's a fun stream, but they stream late night usually. They went to the South Korean island that is really close to North Korea about 3-4 weeks ago.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I use Ghostery for blocking ads (Chrome), and their latest update seems to have fucked something up and now it doesn't block Twitch ads anymore.

Anyone wanna let me know what currently works to block them?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I use Ghostery for blocking ads (Chrome), and their latest update seems to have fucked something up and now it doesn't block Twitch ads anymore.

Anyone wanna let me know what currently works to block them?

Adblock plus works fine.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Subscribing to Amazon Prime, zing!!

For real though, this. Amazon Prime is pretty good value already, and you get Twitch Prime with it. Which gives you some free shit from Twitch every month, no ads, extra emotes, and a free sub to a channel of your choice every month. It's sick value. AND with no ads you still count as a view for ads for the broadcaster, which adds up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait, Twitch prime? How did I not even read this thread? Holy shit...

I've had Prime for almost a decade now.