Twitch.tv

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
That was months ago, and I stopped getting ads soon after, but they showed back up today

Really? I was hearing that a new version was rolling out in limited availability to select partners and that was maybe a week ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
3f2hwk.jpg

works for aids too

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still don't get ads on my chrome. Manage your extensions properly.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The ads on twitch are built into the stream, so I'd also like to know how you're "not getting ads"

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The ads on twitch are built into the stream, so I'd also like to know how you're "not getting ads"
I believe that is at the choice of the streamer.

At any rate, I don't get any ads on PC, but I do on my phone/tablet/tv. So one of the things is blocking them on PC

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

That was supposedly started months ago and I wasn't getting any except for the first couple weeks of that rollout (until presumably the adblockers figured out a fix) and a couple in the past few days.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I definitely get ads. With all the extensions mentioned above and a pi-hole.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My uBlock origin will slowly tick up the # over time so it is most likely the one doing the work properly. When I manually turn it off and browse to a random Fortnite or LoL stream then i'll get the intro ads, turned on I won't.

StoiCynic saying that ABP still works as well so I don't believe it's noscript or any variant it's simply the right ad blocker lists / settings?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My uBlock origin will slowly tick up the # over time so it is most likely the one doing the work properly. When I manually turn it off and browse to a random Fortnite or LoL stream then i'll get the intro ads, turned on I won't.

StoiCynic saying that ABP still works as well so I don't believe it's noscript or any variant it's simply the right ad blocker lists / settings?

I'm using ublock origin with the default filters, and I'm nuking all but the mandatory scripts on the site for the stream to work, yet I was still getting ads.

The reason I posted to ask to begin with is I was suspecting that maybe twitch found a way past ublock, or the filter lists lagged behind.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I get no ads and I'm only running Ublock Origin for Firefox. No custom settings that I'm aware of and in about 1 hour of watching a stream I'm at 145 blocks so far.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I get no ads and I'm only running Ublock Origin for Firefox. No custom settings that I'm aware of and in about 1 hour of watching a stream I'm at 145 blocks so far.

Same using the Ublock Origin on Firefox and no ads.