Twitch.tv

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Count me in the No Ads on pc using firefox with u-block and adblock plus. On ps4 or ipad I get much ads depending on the channel settings, except for the one I am subscribed to, and always get ads when entering a new channel which is fucking infuriating.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I'm using ublock origin with the default filters, and I'm nuking all but the mandatory scripts on the site for the stream to work, yet I was still getting ads.

The reason I posted to ask to begin with is I was suspecting that maybe twitch found a way past ublock, or the filter lists lagged behind.
delete cookies with a ware scanner
uninstall reinstall
reboot

jk, use alternate player

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Using ublock origin with custom filters only, zero ads. I don't block anything twitch related but I do have this filter for amazon:
.amazon-adsystem.
The other thing that I see being periodically blocked is:
.scorecardresearch.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I haven't seen an ad on twitch in years

Same. I think my account might be 'bugged' in a good way. I run no adblock or anything of the like but I haven't seen an ad on twitch since I connected my account with my amazon prime.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
My adblocker broke a couple months ago.

Google chrome with the basic AdBlock.

For a while I thought it was fixed but instead of the ad running it would just be a black screen, and then it would do the stream (muted)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I get ads back every now and then for like a few days, then the filters get updated I guess and they go away again. Doesn't happen very often, every 9-12months or so it seems like. Don't care a whole lot tbh.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, I haven't seen any other than the 2-3 I saw that day. I assume ublock lagged behind on the filters, or something was up with my browser and it wasn't working correctly at the time.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
TIL these dudes have agents. Not that it doesn't make sense I guess. Tweet makes it sound like Tim, Lirik and/or Summit might be in negotiations as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Summit wants the Twitch crown. He wants to be on top of Twitch again after being on it longer than basically any of these other dudes. Tim would be a good get for YT or Mixer as he actually brings in people to watch him do all sorts of shit. I don't know how deep his community is. Lirik would probably do a deal, but it almost seems like Mixer is trying to focus as a FPS type stream service (Ninja/Shroud) possibly because MS has several shooters coming out. Be cool if different platforms took different genres. YT can take the RL garbage and makeup tutorials, Mixer can go pure FPS, and Twitch can lock down interactive games and Mobas/RTS/Single Player stuff.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Mixer needs a couple decent 5k variety streamers. There is a big viewer gap from Ninja/Shroud and the rest of them.

Fadaar

That guy
I watch Doc alot and Courage always came across annoying as fuck, which is saying a lot

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user