Twitch.tv

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Lirik was talking about doing a Burger King ad this weekend. These big companies are finally starting to catch on to Twitch's influence. Gonna turn into a corporate shit show real soon.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
they really need to put back the ad free experience as part of Prime.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hey maybe I should have a few friends over to watch a movie or the game? Oh wait I cant my "wife" is doing a asmr stream for a bunch of teenagers and I cant make any noise.
It's probably more like "well my wife is a millionaire guess I just don't have to work now"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's probably more like "well my wife is a millionaire guess I just don't have to work now"
Just a guess but I dont think the guy who is married to the paradigm twitch thot has a truly happy, healthy marriage with said thot.

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
twitch has ads?

If you have a sure fire way to disable them, please, tell all.

Ublock, popupblocker, adblock plus, noscript.... none of these will prevent ads that are embedded in the stream. We've had this discussion before.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
and like before ublock origin has zero trouble blocking twitch ads.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy

Ublock, popupblocker, adblock plus, noscript.... none of these will prevent ads that are embedded in the stream. We've had this discussion before.

well no fucking shit if it's part of the stream itself you can't block it, i'm talking about actual ads

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

I'm gonna say this right now 1 more fucking time cause people don't read.

STREAMLINK + VLC Multimedia Player ADS FUCKING GONE. There has too be unique tags in every ad in order for twitch analytics tracking companies that have payed out/in for the ad space. There is no way around this fact(unless twitch plans on doing some really shady stuff with cookie's, this is like almost malware level though.)

Or spend about 40$ and buy a Pi and install PiHole and enjoy you're personal network with no ads whats so ever(YT still gets thru occasionally though but the PiHole devs are usually pretty fast too update the listings)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The pihole does not work for me and many others, as has been stated numerous times here. So I'm thinking your streamlink + VLC method is iffy as well

• 2Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Well, meh. I might be splitting hairs here, but I would say it's not a sure fire way of blocking ads.

There might be some setting that y'all are missing, or something.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ublock Origin. Firefox. Haven't seen an ad in months during a stream, before a stream, anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
The pihole does not work for me and many others, as has been stated numerous times here. So I'm thinking your streamlink + VLC method is iffy as well

Streamlink Twitch GUI plus VLC absolutely works. Never get ads. It also runs much smoother than in a browser. Only downside is lack of chat, not a downside for me since Twitch chat is AIDS, but you can run another app if you must have chat.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
Ublock Origin. Firefox. Haven't seen an ad in months during a stream, before a stream, anything.

Same, can't remember the last time I seen an ad on Twitch. I only run U block origin and no-script. Does someone have a screenshot of a stream with an ad visible?

Oldbased

> Than U
No ads here, not even embedded. Only have Ublock origin. I had to block an element ages ago when one appeared and never had another. Been at least a year I think.