Twitch.tv

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Could it have anything to do with ISP? Because I have Ublock origin, Adblock AND a pi-hole and still get the shitty embedded ads when I enter a new stream. That's the only time I get ads, but I've never been able to stop those.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're running multiple blockers they could be interfering with each other. ISPs shouldn't be mangling a webpage's code but any type of block/noscript extensions are doing exactly that.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This morning has been quiet...

1586014853037.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've already tried that, running blockers individually, no difference.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well no fucking shit if it's part of the stream itself you can't block it, i'm talking about actual ads
If a twitch streamer loads a video ad into his OBS and presses play, that's an actual ad. However I haven't seen twitch streamers do that, but youtubers do that a lot lately.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've never heard of someone loading it into obs. When you stream twitch has a button to run an ad and that's what people are doing.

Fadaar

That guy
If a twitch streamer loads a video ad into his OBS and presses play, that's an actual ad. However I haven't seen twitch streamers do that, but youtubers do that a lot lately.

Yeah getting shill ads at the beginning of videos for mobile games (hi2u Raid Shadow Legends) is incredibly commonplace on YouTube these days, bleh. Never seen a Twitch streamer do it except for DrDisrespect's sub ad but it's his own commercial so doesn't really count.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah getting shill ads at the beginning of videos for mobile games (hi2u Raid Shadow Legends) is incredibly commonplace on YouTube these days, bleh.
I dont browse twitch but I literally never get ads on Youtube with Ublock Origin. Theres a difference between "ublock" and "ublock origin", two seperate addons.

Fadaar

That guy
I dont browse twitch but I literally never get ads on Youtube with Ublock Origin. Theres a difference between "ublock" and "ublock origin", two seperate addons.

no I mean where the first 30-45 seconds of the video IS an ad for whatever. like, actually part of the video you're trying to watch.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
no I mean where the first 30-45 seconds of the video IS an ad for whatever. like, actually part of the video you're trying to watch.
Yeah, we don't get those with ublock origin. Even when watching someone like ChocoTaco whose sponsor requires X amount of ads per hour we won't see any of those either, instead you simply notice that chat gets put into sub only mode when the ads are supposed to play

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah, we don't get those with ublock origin. Even when watching someone like ChocoTaco whose sponsor requires X amount of ads per hour we won't see any of those either, instead you simply notice that chat gets put into sub only mode when the ads are supposed to play

Never get those.

ok for fuck's sake because apparently i'm not making myself clear

watch the first minute of this video, this is what i'm talking about

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get ads with youtube on firefox with ublock normally, but if I keep a tab with a video open so long it needs to reload, it will load into a 2 minute ad that can't even be skipped.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
aPTb4FK.png

2:12 unskippable ad. On a fresh load, this is a first.

maybe youtube is just treating some IP adresses differently than others?

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
So many interesting things to watch on Twitch today. F1 guys racing, CSGO tourney, Garreth Bale and Dybala playing FIFA. I get a lot more enjoyment out of Twitch than I do from cable anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user