Twitch.tv

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If you're partnered with Twitch you're not allowed to stream to other platforms. I think affiliates still can.

Twitch is the long term (currently) if you want to grow your brand and popularity. If you put the work in, it's 100% worth it over mixer. If you want a payday and want to coast you sell out to Mixer.

A lot of these smarters high-end streamers probably want to be able to parlay into New Media jobs after they're done vidya gamin'. Run podcasts or whatever the fuck for decent money with sponsors if they're famous enough. Sit down and talk for 2 hours 3 times a week for the same pay rather than slogging 8 hour video games at the will of Twitch chat 5+ times a week.

You are right about the current status quo; but don't you think it would be healthier if that changed?

Right now Twitch can make dumb ass decisions like their purity council because they think that everyone will stay no matter how hard that boot comes down on creators. I'd rather Twitch be in constant fear of pissing off the viewers because Mixer or even (god forbid) YouTube Gaming is gaining steam and threatening to take a chunk of the market share.

I actually wish there was some enterprising company that made a viewer that consolidated all the platforms into one searchable app and then heavily promoted it so that the content enabling companies would have to be very concerned about people not hitting their site specifically to view their streamers.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Will kill myself if I have to catch another Josh ad with him spilling g-fuel. Likely won’t hear from me again

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only time i have seen that ad is when watching Tony's stream and he played it while talking about making it (while also doing bounty ads for Bounty)

Ublock Origin solves ad problems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
The opposite for me. I have read more things about the both of them since joined they Mixer.
that seems a bit odd. especially considering their viewers are really low compared to what they used to be. Seems like 75 percent of their viewers didnt follow over.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I don't really think that very many of their followers transferred over. Maybe one in ten. Maybe. I think that they just picked up new followers from Mixer's website. I think that Mixer is gonna have to learn the hard way, the only way to beat twitch is by playing their game. You can't detach one Ninja from Twitch, plug him into Mixer, and have X number of views.

Fadaar

That guy
i agree that shroud is best enjoyed when he's playing with someone else and you aren't watching his stream. he knows how to shit talk Doc just right and it's great.

Last edited:

Merrith

i agree that shroud is best enjoyed when he's playing with someone else and you aren't watching his stream. he knows just how to shit talk Doc and it's great.

Him and Doc playing together is always the best. Doc tries to be all buddy buddy like "aren't we great? In our primes just owning? WOoooooo"..and Shroud will be like "Yeah I'm doing great in my prime, you...you're a little past it, but that's okay Doc!" and Doc's face just sells it so well.

gauze

Molten Core Raider

That adds salt to my wound that I didn't dive into finding some obscure vhs's when I was living in Tokyo. Acquired a video synthesizer from a few hoops and a grant. Met a VJ at a boilerroom in Tokyo, he was mixing things like lethal weapon but analog to a digital program.

IMG_20200323_034149.jpg
IMG_20200323_034515.jpg
Screenshot_20200429-081448__01.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Your old boy is gonna need some help here. I do love 80s film if that's where this is heading.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

.25 cents/sec to get your meme video played on Lirik's stream today! It's amazing people will pay.