Twitch.tv

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A lot of streamers i wouldnt have expected to be assholes are now saying F the police and support looters. Gonna have to look over some subscriptions
It's easy to support anarchy and destruction behind the safety of a microphone in white suburbia

It's not easy to say "fuck these assholes"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, well, stories like this don't help.

I have no doubt that this "looter" was one of Minneapolis'/St. Paul's finest. Seeing as they were right across the street from the police station.

Whether this guy was a neo-nazi or a police officer, they have the same theme of keeping the status quo in place. Neo-nazis because they like to be hidden in plain sight. Police Officers because they felt threatened.

Both have the same aims for sending someone over there. Those aims are the themes that I described above.

Seems fairly simple to me.

Last edited:
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
His posts in this thread before that were kind of proof enough. Starting with complaining that Sasha grey doesn't interact with him when he chats in her stream

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SMZ3 randomizer quarterfinal tourney match was postponed due to riots in the runners' town. This has gone too far.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Twitch going full youtube on music.

1591616501396.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's pretty dumb. I used to play guitar covers occasionally on twitch - so I can't do that?

There's a lot of people doing that now where that's their entire income. Does this also exclude stuff like Rocksmith? Or is that audio technically licensed for use for that?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It says it's fine if it's live, but if you record yourself doing a cover and play that in the background that'd be against the new rules.

New rules kinda make sense legally, but that's gonna kill a lot of streamer's music choices, since a lot of them just have spotify running or a large playlist of songs they obviously don't own the legal rights to stream.

Alkaizer was ahead of his time, spamming 25000 covers of touhou songs.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It says it's fine if it's live, but if you record yourself doing a cover and play that in the background that'd be against the new rules.

New rules kinda make sense legally, but that's gonna kill a lot of streamer's music choices, since a lot of them just have spotify running or a large playlist of songs they obviously don't own the legal rights to stream.

Alkaizer was ahead of his time, spamming 25000 covers of touhou songs.
So I guess you wouldn't be able to have a VOD of it right?

They already mute streams with music at their discretion, so I'm not sure why this overreach is necessary.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I guess you wouldn't be able to have a VOD of it right?

They already mute streams with music at their discretion, so I'm not sure why this overreach is necessary.
I guess you'd have to delete VODs too yeah, or maybe they'll add a feature that automute all your shit so you don't have to bother doing it manually.

Cybsled

It's not all on Twitch. Ultimately because of the way the law is written, people can spam DCMA complaints and the hosting website has to react.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This was only a matter of time coming yea. Most Twitch people already knew this because content they'd try and upload to YouTube from their Twitch would get auto-muted by the algos.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
The algorithm already autobanned shit that it had access too. Ever play Foo Fighters too loudly on stream? That VOD is muted. Sony Entertainment was notoriously bad about it. You didn't get a DCMA they just outright muted the part of your VOD that had the song or in some cases the entire VOD if there was too high a percentage of muted songs. It's been like that for at least a year. If you read these rules they SHOULDN'T effect normal gamer streamers that much as if you're listening to shit on the radio or spotify or whatever and you can claim you "own" it (paid spotify account should be enough) then you'll be fine. It's mostly targeting the people who do music stuff explicitly like people who do remixes or covers or karaoke THOTs and shit.

I personally haven't had anything muted for a long time unless I had song request on or something and even then it was just the period of the song itself. I mostly just google EDM remixes of non copyright shit and play those 1+ hour playlists to avoid the hassle.

Not sure if they beefed this up because they were getting complaints from the companies or they just want some more definite rule sets as a TON of music people have come over to Twitch since Corona. I mean a lot of DJ's that can't do clubs and shit were just doing live sets on Twitch which makes sense, but there's got to be no way any of that won't get DCMA struck down now. The easy way out for them is to disable clips and VODs and they can do whatever the fuck they want.