Twitch.tv

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Rich professional gamers throwing shit at eachother on twitter over nonsense. Fuck this simulation cycle.

Seriously, who do we complain to in order a new version of the Matrix? Because this one fucking sucks.

tenor.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Still not spilled. This is legal drama imo which means it could be over anything. I know of a salaried walmart manager who was fired over a forged/fake evaluation signature. Status and money go to a person's head especially 30 and under. Twitch definitely has an agenda here too

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I mean 99% of Doc's background music was The Midnight, Robert Palmer, and Timecop. Not saying Silk Music or whomever wouldn't DMCA him, but it wasn't like he ever had open requests on for Mandatory Metallica on Mondays.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I say we murder all of them and redistribute their wealth.
The fact that some people get paid 10s of millions of dollars to play video games and didn't even have to play out their entire contract is really showing how ephemeral and distorted our economy has gotten. Think of how much money these huge companies have that they can just throw amounts of money around that could feed entire villages on some weird media play. Microsoft buys Mixer, spends BILLIONS on it, and then just throws it away and tells people to go to Facebook.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The fact that some people get paid 10s of millions of dollars to play video games and didn't even have to play out their entire contract is really showing how ephemeral and distorted our economy has gotten. Think of how much money these huge companies have that they can just throw amounts of money around that could feed entire villages on some weird media play. Microsoft buys Mixer, spends BILLIONS on it, and then just throws it away and tells people to go to Facebook.

god shut the fuck up you energy suck, microsoft didn't spend "billions" on mixer

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
I mean 99% of Doc's background music was The Midnight, Robert Palmer, and Timecop. Not saying Silk Music or whomever wouldn't DMCA him, but it wasn't like he ever had open requests on for Mandatory Metallica on Mondays.
So because he wasn't taking requests to play copywrighted music and did it on his own that was ok?
giphy.gif

Fadaar

That guy

While the sentiment is nice, throwing money at problems doesn't solve them long term. Sure you could feed a village, but for how long? Will you need to scrape up more money later? Over the long term it just ends up being a wasted effort. Infrastructure and education (ie the 'teach a man to fish') are far better long term solutions. That takes time and effort though, and sometimes the needy don't truly want help.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
god shut the fuck up you energy suck, microsoft didn't spend "billions" on mixer
I didn't say they purchased it for billions but they definitely spent billions of dollars on it over the 4 years they owned it, with operating costs, payments to Partners, etc. They paid Ninja 50 million alone for a contract he never even got to play out. If you don't think their total operating costs for 4 years were at least 20x what they paid Ninja in a single contract, then I don't know how you think math works.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't say they purchased it for billions but they definitely spent billions of dollars on it over the 4 years they owned it, with operating costs, payments to Partners, etc. They paid Ninja 50 million alone for a contract he never even got to play out. If you don't think their total operating costs for 4 years were at least 20x what they paid Ninja in a single contract, then I don't know how you think math works.

you're literally just making up numbers

either way, shut the fuck up, this isn't the marxist cunt thread

• 1Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
While the sentiment is nice, throwing money at problems doesn't solve them long term. Sure you could feed a village, but for how long? Will you need to scrape up more money later? Over the long term it just ends up being a wasted effort. Infrastructure and education (ie the 'teach a man to fish') are far better long term solutions. That takes time and effort though, and sometimes the needy don't truly want help.
You completely missed what I'm saying. I know how economics work. I'm not saying Microsoft should have spent the money feeding people. I'm just putting quantities of money in proportional scale.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So because he wasn't taking requests to play copywrighted music and did it on his own that was ok?
giphy.gif

Huh? I think my point was just related to the proportional response of banning the biggest streamer Twitch currently had. In retrospect jooka jooka may not have been drawing an inference to Doc's banning at all. Just the overall DMCA crap happening at the same time. But yeah, I think I get your point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
you're literally just making up numbers

either way, shut the fuck up, this isn't the marxist cunt thread
Ninja was making 10 million a year @ Twitch. Microsoft paid Ninja at least 30 million and likely closer to 50 million to switch.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Those contracts have to be retarded on every side. Like, if Ninja can make $10M streaming on Twitch doing his thing (not downplaying his sponsors, branding, social media outreach, etc...) and expect some % growth per year..... the contract to move him away from that has to include a ludicrous upfront in hand payment. Think about NFL contracts and guaranteed cash just because there's nothing to leverage your life against that either A) Mixer will exist for an arbitrary (annoying word to spell when drunk) length of time or B) your popularity will. So if his management team was smart, and we'll assume they were, he got paid a shit ton to switch for more than he'd make on Twitch in a Year+X% and now gets to go back to making money. Crazy.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Huh? I think my point was just related to the proportional response of banning the biggest streamer Twitch currently had. In retrospect jooka jooka may not have been drawing an inference to Doc's banning at all. Just the overall DMCA crap happening at the same time. But yeah, I think I get your point.

I was thinking of it as twitch is having a seriously fucked up 2(ish) weeks that something bigger seems to be at play with all of this hitting at the same time.

• 1Like