Twitch.tv

Fadaar

That guy
AFAIK Twitch has never had anything beyond single month subscriptions, not sure how Patreon works

Oldbased

> Than U
yeah he strongly implied he's got lawyers doing stuff and that's why he doesn't want to get into great detail.

I honestly have no doubt that twitch is shady enough these days to actually ban him and never give him a reason.
100%.
They are like Google. All those tech CEO's are.
It came out early even people at Twitch didn't know as it didn't go through the CS/Safety teams. It came from the top.
Dude was probably balling some teen on cocaine and heard DrD say something and got triggered.
They think they are above the Rawrrrr

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
AFAIK Twitch has never had anything beyond single month subscriptions, not sure how Patreon works
Not true. Not sure if they still do it but via giftcard and other options you used to be able to do 1 3 and 6 month subs.

Oldbased

> Than U
Oh? I never did anything but prime sub for Doc until recently then I sent my most recent one Eli's way.
Ya they used ( might still? ) to have this thing where you could use like 50 different gift cards to sub and it gave you 3 options, 1 ,3 or 6 month. People were using Subway GCs n shit for it.Was back 3ish years ago or so.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
All for, at most, $25? Fuck, they might receive a penny, each one of them, if they all banded together and formed a class action lawsuit.

I remember once I signed up for a class action lawsuit against FaceBook. It was for stealing images and then putting them on advertisements. I signed the piece of paper and a few months later I got a whole $9.81 check.

• 1Faggotry

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
All for, at most, $25? Fuck, they might receive a penny, each one of them, if they all banded together and formed a class action lawsuit.

I remember once I signed up for a class action lawsuit against FaceBook. It was for stealing images and then putting them on advertisements. I signed the piece of paper and a few months later I got a whole $9.81 check.

Except that many people signed up to that same suit because they believed that Facebook was stealing images. Your check may have been small but it was an admission of guilt and they can no longer do it.

The same principle applies here. Weird that people would do things even if they aren't expecting payment. Almost like something else is guiding them to do it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Itsnotaboutthemoneyitsaboutsendingamessagejoker.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Patreon is a per month basis, but creators have control on whether it is a flat monthly fee (with different tiers) or an amount per-creation. So like you could have $5 a month or $1 per creation or whatever.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can sub for 6 months in advance. They took it away for a little while, but they recently brought it back on Twitch. I personally wouldn't sub six months at a time because you never know when the streamer will need a mental break. When they take those, it's usually months at a time.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I just got an email about a Google+ class action and I could be entitled to $12.

I did some years ago refuse to accept whatever dogshit bumper Apple was giving people during their antenna gate “scandal” and I did get a check from them for like $25.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I believe (and please forgive if I'm wrong), mine just said that they were going to be suing facebook for millions upon millions of dollars. It kind'a felt like I was signing up for one of those cheesy scam artists on TV. "Do you, or has anyone in your family, ever worked in a Naval Shipping Yard? If so, you might have contracted mesothelioma. Please, contact us NOW!@!#!@! We are suing the makers of SOME_ABSTRACT_PRODUCT known to cause cancer for MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars."

Which you might receive a grand out of, if you're lucky.