Twitch.tv

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My time spent is for good cause though. I'm a constant reminder to you troubled men that you are better than wasting your lives away with this bullshit. I take great pride in the work that I do.
i guess tv land GIF by Throwing Shade

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
My time spent is for good cause though. I'm a constant reminder to you troubled men that you are better than wasting your lives away with this bullshit. I take great pride in the work that I do.
You are the hero that no one ever wanted. Did you get your email changed for your account because youre using a vpn to post here?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I only ever get adds when watching on my phone (i.e. when I'm cooking or something away from the PC). But when I do, what pisses me most off is that I miss out on something. For example, I remember watching Arumba playing EU4 a while back, someone asked him about some mechanic, he started to explain it and POP! up comes an add and I miss it. I wouldn't mind it as much if the adds could be played at specific "add breaks" or whatever, that the streamer could decide on.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think that the streamer has some control over it. I was watching Meg Turney (I like to pop in sometimes, watch her play Dead By Daylight), and she just finishes a game (because it has happened multiple times) and then up comes an ad.

I just usually switch off the channel at that point, but still ... Point still stands. I think it's either, "Decide when ads will be played, or we will decide for you..." type of thing.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I think that the streamer has some control over it. I was watching Meg Turney (I like to pop in sometimes, watch her play Dead By Daylight), and she just finishes a game (because it has happened multiple times) and then up comes an ad.

I just usually switch off the channel at that point, but still ... Point still stands. I think it's either, "Decide when ads will be played, or we will decide for you..." type of thing.
DatModz has ads turned off and, from statements hes made (and maybe the level of streamer he is) he said it hurts him more than it helps due to people just tuning out when he runs ads. Really funny dude too, have watched him from the EARLY D3 days so if you do need someone to watch check him out. He's really the only person I watch on twitch.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Pretty sure the current version of the adblock userResources is working still, twitch is still trying to unblock every day so you may have to purge cache and update filter lists, but i haven't seen prerolls at all and so far no midstream ads for hafu getting through.

edit: no midstreams for over 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure the current version of the adblock userResources is working still, twitch is still trying to unblock every day so you may have to purge cache and update filter lists, but i haven't seen prerolls at all and so far no midstream ads for hafu getting through.

edit: no midstreams for over 30 minutes.
Was there an update since your last post? You mentioned you got prerolls, but were waiting to see if you got midstreams.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I have only felt a tremor twice in my life, it is a very disconcerting experience. Your whole body just screams WHAT THE FLYING FUCK THIS IS NOT HOW REALITY WORKS HELP MAKE IT STOP and that was just a tremor.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Was there an update since your last post? You mentioned you got prerolls, but were waiting to see if you got midstreams.
Running the most updated dev build 1.30.b90 (Firefox) along w/ the most current userResources script. Haven't seen either ad type yet today.

As long as they update the script without changing the url you might only have to purge and update filter lists each revision.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

I have only felt a tremor twice in my life, it is a very disconcerting experience. Your whole body just screams WHAT THE FLYING FUCK THIS IS NOT HOW REALITY WORKS HELP MAKE IT STOP and that was just a tremor.

If you’ve never experienced it, ya. I was in Japan many years ago and woke up to the entire room swaying/moving. I just sort of kept lying on the bed because I wasn’t sure what to do/still trying to process it after being woken up. I didn’t hear and sirens or alarms after it stopped, so I assumed it wasn’t a big deal. It did delay the subways by 15 minutes, though