Twitch.tv

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Disney spearheaded the current trademark and copyright laws I believe. At this juncture, there is so much money tied up in copyrights, trademarks, and IP that it would be virtually impossible to roll it back to how it used to be long ago.

Yeah, few people know how bad the Mouse fucked up copyright law in the country just so they could keep Mickey out of the collective commons. I hope their empire burns around them.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Twitch is actually unwatchable currently. Preroll ads embedded in stream every time you click on a new stream is just so cancerous that I don't understand how they ever thought it would work out.

As bad as TV/cable is can you imagine a fresh ad every time you changed the channel lol.

sat down for lunch, turned on some shroud, got a 30 sec ad ok whatever. eating lunch, 5 minutes later get a roll of THREE 30 second ads. closed out of twitch. lol

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching streamers below 10k and i'm barely getting any midstream ads at all. As soon as you cross that threshold however, they literally lube up a strap-on with ads and come after you.

IIRC from yesterday, once you get to 8pm eastern that's when the primetime algorithms kick in and it gets worse across the board.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, few people know how bad the Mouse fucked up copyright law in the country just so they could keep Mickey out of the collective commons. I hope their empire burns around them.

Disney.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Yea but .. "You may still be presented promotions and ads that are embedded into a broadcast"...

I saw that, but I think it means stuff like OWL has their own ads as part of their broadcast. There is nothing Twitch can do about them.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know what my favorite part of all this is? These devious fuckers put a timer or something on whether or not the pop out links work. If you click the name of the game under your streamers name it used to create a popout of the current channel you were watching and take you to the stream browsing page for said game. Now, at least half the time (and I suspect its based on whether or not your entry ad timer has expired or not) it simply closes the stream when you do this with no popout, so if you go back to the stream you get another ad.

Szlia

I think the logic for streamers is that while it is clear and always has been clear than even modest streamers (like around 100 viewers) can make significant money by running ads, it also make viewers change stream and, as such, it is seen as something that stifles growth. And the streamer mantra is growth > *. Now, if the eco system changes so that every stream is running ads, whether the streamer wants it or not, it makes a lot of sense for streamers to make deals and take control of the timing of the ad breaks. It makes their stream better than those who have ads at random times and it makes them a lot more money.

Araxen

I wonder if the reason Doc got the boot is because he wasn't running ads. lol

In fact, I bet that is the reason.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Have you queers considered seizing this opportunity and doing something with your lives other than watching other queers play video games?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

New update to block the annoying ads. Seems to work as of 8:51PM EST.

Make sure to clear your userResources if you were using the black screen/mute fix after updating to v1.30.9b0

edit: I've gotten a preroll with the new version, still waiting to see if i get a midstream from shroud

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Have you queers considered doing something with your lives other than watching other queers play video games?

Maybe I'll have a successful job, a good marriage, four kids that I help truck around everywhere. Maybe when my wife wants to watch dumb shit on the TV or go to bed at 9pm (but has to have me with her) I'll throw on Twitch because I like games more than most movies or shows.

Suuuuuper queer, I know.

• 1Faggotry

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Maybe I'll have a successful job, a good marriage, four kids that I help truck around everywhere. Maybe when my wife wants to watch dumb shit on the TV or go to bed at 9pm (but has to have me with her) I'll throw on Twitch because I like games more than most movies or shows.

Suuuuuper queer, I know.

I mean it's kinda queer. We'll call it queer light, or maybe queer adjacent? Diet Queer?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you queers considered seizing this opportunity and doing something with your lives other than watching other queers play video games?

The irony of this statement is baffling. Considering where its posted and how much time you spend there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The irony of this statement is baffling. Considering where its posted and how much time you spend there.
My time spent is for good cause though. I'm a constant reminder to you troubled men that you are better than wasting your lives away with this bullshit. I take great pride in the work that I do.