Twitch.tv

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ninja at 358k viewers, and rising. grouped with Drake in Fortnite.
Edit: Half a million viewers now. Broke the viewer record for a solo stream.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
this drake?

raWBh8t.jpg

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont fully understand how he's blowing up twitch so fast. No one except huge tournys got these kind of numbers.

Fortnite blew him up. He's so ridiculously good at it, and the game itself exploded in popularity as well. The perfect storm for him. Drake obviously tonight is really inflating things, but it's insane his channel growth over the past 6 weeks.

Watched Juju Smith-Schuster stream tonight. WR for the Steelers. He streamed all of about 20 minutes before technical difficulties hit. He pulled 6k viewers, and crazy donations playing Fortnite.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Fortnite blew him up. He's so ridiculously good at it, and the game itself exploded in popularity as well. The perfect storm for him. Drake obviously tonight is really inflating things, but it's insane his channel growth over the past 6 weeks.

Watched Juju Shuster-Smith stream tonight. WR for the Steelers. He streamed all of about 20 minutes before technical difficulties hit. He pulled 6k viewers, and crazy donations playing Fortnite.

I understand that but seemed like pubg blew up just as much a few months before with no where near the numbers were seeing, and so quick. I understand the top guys get huge numbers but the peaks he's hitting seems odd overall.

Cybsled

Once you hit a certain critical mass, you start getting viewers that just want to be there because of the views.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ninja had 607K viewers at peak last night from what I read. New record for solo stream, beating the previous record of 381K from a few months ago.

He was in a squad with Drake, Travis Scott and JuJu Smith-Schuster.

I don't follow Ninja or Fortnite, I wonder if he made a lot of money that night with that many viewers.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't fortnite do a promotion via streamers? Like Warframe did in the past.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Who gives a shit about some blue haired dude named Ninja? Any of us on here streaming with Drake and Travis Scott would pull in those numbers even if the game was bingo. The shit talking Drake and Travis Scott were doing was hilarious.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Within a few months, Ninja went from a no name sperg to making over 500k a month and having an interview in Forbes. Its definitely an interesting story and a lot more interesting than some inventors playing video games.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Ninja by himself regularly pulls numbers around 100k

He's at like 98k right now, a Thursday at 1021 PST. He is dumb popular. I still think it's primarily because Fortnite appeals to a very wide range of players (lots of kids and international).

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand that but seemed like pubg blew up just as much a few months before with no where near the numbers were seeing, and so quick. I understand the top guys get huge numbers but the peaks he's hitting seems odd overall.

It's also only him really seeing this incredible bump as far as big streamers go.
Doc, and Lirik

I'd like to know what the peak numbers are with pubg, and what Fortnite is pulling right now. Fortnite has been all over the MSM radar the last week.

Whats odd as far as the top streamers go that I've seen. The Doc, and Lirik numbers have remained pretty steady playing Fortnite,

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ninja had 607K viewers at peak last night from what I read. New record for solo stream, beating the previous record of 381K from a few months ago.

He was in a squad with Drake, Travis Scott and JuJu Smith-Schuster.

I don't follow Ninja or Fortnite, I wonder if he made a lot of money that night with that many viewers.

His sub notifications at times last night were coming in faster than actual chat banter was. The last I saw of Ninja he was sitting at a 120k subs a few days ago. He's sitting at 181k subs today.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Majority of the prime subs are people making free Amazon Prime accounts to unlock Fortnite exclusive skins which they then sell for $4. His numbers are super inflated because of it. Most of the people who Prime sub have names like KevinS275 or Nttt356 and shit. I want to know where his real sub count lands in about 6 weeks.

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's also only him really seeing this incredible bump as far as big streamers go.
Doc, and Lirik

I'd like to know what the peak numbers are with pubg, and what Fortnite is pulling right now. Fortnite has been all over the MSM radar the last week.

Whats odd as far as the top streamers go that I've seen. The Doc, and Lirik numbers have remained pretty steady playing Fortnite,

It's super interesting. Here I was thinking we've crested the battleground wave with pubg and fortnight but if fortnight is that much more popular than pubg then it was totally off my radar and signals this is just the begining of BG fuckery. Should be interesting.

So fucking funny how fortnight essentially pulled off the most successful pivot in video game history. Looking forward to Sea of Thieves completely garbage binning their core game and moving to a team at sea ship BG, now that's something I'd play.

• 1Worf