Twitch.tv

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's time to round all these streamers up and drop them on a battle royale island irl except the winner also dies

• 5Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think many of these people are suffering some dementia type shit form living, worikng, eating, sleeping, jacking off in front of their computers 24/7 for too many years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs

The meteor comes down in 30 min or so. It's been a really funny few weeks. They really managed to trash the world. Sea levels rose quite a bit.

Hopefully someone will do a compilation of all the best moments. Right now they are doing some last minute weddings and such.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

The meteor comes down in 30 min or so. It's been a really funny few weeks. They really managed to trash the world. Sea levels rose quite a bit.

Hopefully someone will do a compilation of all the best moments. Right now they are doing some last minute weddings and such.
I don't get it.
I don't get it.

However, I don't think it is the kids who are wrong. I am the one who is out of touch.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I don't get it.

However, I don't think it is the kids who are wrong. I am the one who is out of touch.

He lets indian scammers into his machines and messes with them, sometimes hacking them back. This one tries to download google chrome with google chrome.

Couldn't tell you about the other one tho.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Mine was time sensitive, this being a thread about live streaming and all. The full story:

A streaming group called the late shift organized a roleplay server for the game Eco. A big gaggle of streamers joined and hilarity ensued. The game's objectives were ignored and the world flooded a bit and then they let a huge meteor hit. Warning this is very very loud:

After this the server was unresponsive for 2 hours. After the main rock hits it ejects a shitton of smaller ones and debris and it all comes down and bombards the world, carving out big ass holes. The code for doing this runs like ass and it was taking multiple seconds per crater on the main thread, choking out the networking so everyone got booted.

Here's a bit of what it looks like post meteor:
They are trying to recover. The main Industrialist guy that was making most of the trucks and diggers prepared a big underground area full of supplies to restart the world and they are giving it a go.

• 2Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I don't get it.

I don't get it.

Do you remember that 419-eater guy back in the day who would just waste Indian or Pakistani call center scammers time? This is basically that, but live streamed.

Kitboga sets up VMs and creates fake (but legitimate looking and behaving) bank websites and just wastes the scammers time by trolling them. He also created other fake websites, like a Google Play storefront, Apple App storefront, and a few others. He uses fake cards and often just enters the numbers into the fake storefront and let's the scammer rage/cry for our entertainment.

Anyway, he claims to have got into this line of work because someone scammed his grandmother and it pissed him off so much he turned it into a career. He puts a lot of effort into not only trolling these people, but understanding how they operate and explaining it well. I think he now has several volunteers that help him create these fake environments so that he is able to react and adjust as the scammers catch on and learn how to work around things (such as detecting they're on a VM). Occaisionally, other streamers will join him to troll the scammers.

I don't like to shill for people who stream for a living, but he's fairly humble and thankful that he's able to make a living doing what he does, and he provides a net positive to Twitch (which is almost unheard of). Here's his youtube channel:

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feel like it is just a matter of time before a Twitch streamer gets murdered by a stalker. This girl may be the first. Jesus this guy pushes it far. Even after legal and court fights he still keeps going.

Jesus I think she'd already be dead if it weren't for the national border.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
Do you remember that 419-eater guy back in the day who would just waste Indian or Pakistani call center scammers time? This is basically that, but live streamed.

Kitboga sets up VMs and creates fake (but legitimate looking and behaving) bank websites and just wastes the scammers time by trolling them. He also created other fake websites, like a Google Play storefront, Apple App storefront, and a few others. He uses fake cards and often just enters the numbers into the fake storefront and let's the scammer rage/cry for our entertainment.

Anyway, he claims to have got into this line of work because someone scammed his grandmother and it pissed him off so much he turned it into a career. He puts a lot of effort into not only trolling these people, but understanding how they operate and explaining it well. I think he now has several volunteers that help him create these fake environments so that he is able to react and adjust as the scammers catch on and learn how to work around things (such as detecting they're on a VM). Occaisionally, other streamers will join him to troll the scammers.

I don't like to shill for people who stream for a living, but he's fairly humble and thankful that he's able to make a living doing what he does, and he provides a net positive to Twitch (which is almost unheard of). Here's his youtube channel:

he's doing the lord's work. i can't watch his stream cause i get frustrated before the scammer does. kit's amazing at doing that. smart too w/ his coding streams where he makes those fake banks and stores.

my x's mother got scammed hard via Jamaica Lottery Scam. she got the point where she took the last trinkets in her home to the pawn shop so she could send the scammer more money, and only made enough to cover the cab right there and back. this last trip she did w/ me sitting next to her calmly discussing the whole ordeal in-between answering calls from the scammer. her daughters could get her number changed, but hte scammer would send her letters in the mail with requests for her new number. the obvious lies a lonely elderly person will believe seems impossible to anyone else.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don't get how folks fall for these scams so hard. You'd think once you point out the holes, they'd realize, but most of them just double-down on it. Had an older woman come to my family's pack and ship store and she wants the fastest shipping she can get, a first overnight, for...a magazine. Just a magazine. Thankfully we'd seen this shit before where basically they'll get some call about how grandson Timmy is in jail and needs bail money and they get instructed to ship the cash inside a mag or something to hide it. So we ask her if she's trying to send money to someone who called. She said yes, the jail called, Timmy needs $3000 to get out and they need it ASAP or he's stuck there. We tell her straight up, it's a scam, have you perhaps tried to call Timmy or Timmy's parents to see what's up? We even show her that the address that they gave to her is not a jail or some government office, but some random ass apartment not even in Timmy's state. But nope, she ain't listening, she HAS to send this shit, We refuse and she threatens to call the police on us (???) for denying her service or something. Eventually left to go try to find another store to ship it from. I don't get it.

That guy on Twitch is a champ, though, fuck these people. Reminds me of the guy on YouTube who makes fake boxes for porch pirates and glitter/fart bombs them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Can someone clue me in on the fascination of video game twitch streamers? No disrespect intended, I am just trying to find out why some people literally know more about their favorite streamer then they do about some of their RL friends!!!

This isn't based on any particular post here, but my 2 older daughters watch this stuff all the time and I am struggling to understand why. I mean, if they are playing a game I'm into I would rather play it myself, and if they are playing something I have no interest in, why would I want to watch someone play that? Maybe I'm just getting too old it really never made sense aside from Maybe like a role playing server or something.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why do you watch other people play Football, Basketball, Baseball when you can just play it yourself?

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
And to follow up, why do people watch and listen to talk shows when you can just talk to people yourself?

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Can someone clue me in on the fascination of video game twitch streamers? No disrespect intended, I am just trying to find out why some people literally know more about their favorite streamer then they do about some of their RL friends!!!

This isn't based on any particular post here, but my 2 older daughters watch this stuff all the time and I am struggling to understand why. I mean, if they are playing a game I'm into I would rather play it myself, and if they are playing something I have no interest in, why would I want to watch someone play that? Maybe I'm just getting too old it really never made sense aside from Maybe like a role playing server or something.
Why is anyone fascinated by anything or anyone? Why are you fascinated by the things or people you are fascinated by? There you go.

I don't get the popularity of certain streamers either, some I do, to a degree, due to their skill level but I, like you, don't find any of these streamers entertaining or remotely interesting. As for why kids are fascinated by them...

They want to be (like) them. They want to be famous for doing something they love doing.

It's just a new version of celebritarianism, people have always been fascinated by people that are known by other people.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why do you watch other people play Football, Basketball, Baseball when you can just play it yourself?
Thats not a good comparison at all. Professional athletes possess abilities you dont.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like