Twitch.tv

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It's a bunch of nerds with more money than they know what to do with buying non-existent things because they are LARPing that Ready Player One is going to be a reality one day and they're trying to min/max their way to supremacy there ahead of time because they haven't done it IRL?
Your first assumption is already wrong: The target audience is not nerds. That would imply being at least familiar with technology, especially the technology behind distributed ledgersl cryptographic primitives, or at least basic math. Harsh reality is that even the ones building the scams have no real idea how the stuff works.

Almost all the assumptions about Blockchain, NFT and web3 are completely wrong.

Example: "Hey, it's totally decentralized, so the government can't seize stuff." Well, no:

Even the ones writing the underlying software look like they don't have an idea how this stuff works, and just look like bullshitting:

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
NFT in incelosphere is "never felt touch", women literally reel in horror from these types

Hope this helps

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Your first assumption is already wrong: The target audience is not nerds. That would imply being at least familiar with technology, especially the technology behind distributed ledgersl cryptographic primitives, or at least basic math. Harsh reality is that even the ones building the scams have no real idea how the stuff works.

Almost all the assumptions about Blockchain, NFT and web3 are completely wrong.

Example: "Hey, it's totally decentralized, so the government can't seize stuff." Well, no:

Even the ones writing the underlying software look like they don't have an idea how this stuff works, and just look like bullshitting:
I think its more just perpetuating the scam v ignorance. They cant really be honest about what they are doing and how this stuff actually works and what the implications are because no one would touch this shit with a 10 foot pole.

You think crypto would have a fraction of the adoption it has now if you started out with telling people every transaction you ever make, your balances etc. are all public knowledge and anyone can see it oh and btw theres no rollbacks or corrections if a mistake or malicious act happens?

• 2Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They cant really be honest about what they are doing and how this stuff actually works and what the implications are because no one would touch this shit with a 10 foot pole.
There is this conspiracy theory that basically boils down to: Satoshi Nakamoto isn't real, and Bitcoin is just a long-term psyop of someone with crypto background (think three letter agency) to "normalize" digital currencies in the minds of normies. The end goal is to let it run rampant, all the scams includes, and by the end the government has to step in to "drain the swamp" of all the scams. So in the end there will be a government sanctioned central bank issued crypto currency that everyone has to use, and physical bank notes and coins will be phased out.

If society ever gets there we are all fucked.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Is it just me... or have all these twitch streamers relationships gotten a bit incestuous (as in, its becoming all one big community with lots of cross over) over the past couple of years?

I guess its the consequence of some coming together as a group and then those groups interacting, but nowadays I often find clips of a lot of streamers hanging together.

Szlia

It's not one big community, but it makes social sense and also business sense for streamers to interact with each other, especially those who are heavily leaning on the "just chatting"/"Reality TV 2.0" type of content. The biggest / most connected streamers are those able to put together the biggest, most visible events, but that's an extended universe of maybe 50ish streamers at most. Heavyweights in term of viewership (as the top 100 streamers have the lion's share of the viewership), but a drop of the bucket as far as number of streamers go.

For instance, for the Streamers Awards that QT organized, she did not reach for her friends and acquaintances only, but I know of a couple big streamers (in the 2k-3k viewers range) that got invited and felt it was not really their scene.

Cybsled

It's just doing what TV and even Youtube did many years ago - guest stars, crossovers between channels/shows, etc. Helps raise awareness for their own respective properties, and depending on the pairing and their chemistry or their interplay, it can enhance overall viewer numbers.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Is it just me... or have all these twitch streamers relationships gotten a bit incestuous (as in, its becoming all one big community with lots of cross over) over the past couple of years?
Its always been like that.

Member epic meal time?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They are called whores, their medium does not redefine what they are

Crowd funding has no limits.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fadaar

That guy

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
She either has someone very smart with money working with her or is smart about it herself, not the first big investment news involving her. She's already set for life but taking it even further.
Theres a reason why ATVI is trading at $80 right now and not the $95 buyout price.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is this the end of everyones favorite WoW sperg? With as fat as Twitch staff is wouldn't surprise me at all

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Another "popular" streamer ruined.

Swimstrim is not super well known unless you played legends of runeterra, but he is/was the top streamer for the game. Riot would give him a lot of perks and publicity, and call on him to be a host for events.

I guess that's all about to end now.

His ex rips into him and his streaming career is likely ruined.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Another "popular" streamer ruined.

Swimstrim is not super well known unless you played legends of runeterra, but he is/was the top streamer for the game. Riot would give him a lot of perks and publicity, and call on him to be a host for events.

I guess that's all about to end now.

His ex rips into him and his streaming career is likely ruined.

This is what happens when you choose to share your life with the world. Why should anyone care even in the slightest. Get a real job.

spronk

FPS noob
tl;dc version

1649783094078.png

i assume the streamer is the "guy" on the right

• 2Worf