Twitch.tv

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's not hoarding, that's just being a fucking mess. Hoarding is having an orderly mess.

I also don't get how you could listen to her. Her voice really does it for me. The only thing I can stand even less is German streamers trying to speak English to get a wider audience.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Uh didnt know there were alternate ones, just was using the regular twitch.tv player.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
That's not hoarding, that's just being a fucking mess. Hoarding is having an orderly mess.

I also don't get how you could listen to her. Her voice really does it for me. The only thing I can stand even less is German streamers trying to speak English to get a wider audience.
You're nuts. That accent melts my soul.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Streaming in general. Curious how much of it comes from sour grapes or something real. Blames it on their agency, you would think they would have some idea of what they are paying for before hand.

Everspace dev reportedly says they paid thousands for a pro streamer who 'played like a f**king moron' | PC Gamer

"The rest was OK, or a disaster," says Schade to that end. "Streamers are way more expensive. The most expensive stream, we paid 5,000 (euros) per hour and we had to book him for two hours. Actually his opening line was ‘I have to stop playing Destiny 2 now because I’m on a sponsored stream to play a space game and I don’t like space games’.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So a company makes a retarded decision by picking a retarded agency who recommended a retarded gamer that doesn't even like the genre. This almost sounds like a resume stuffer to work for the government.

edit: auto-correct

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sounds like they threw money at stuff they didn't fully understand and were not happy with the underperforming response. I guess they think boatloads of random cash should perform well.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It sounds like they didn't have direct involvement. They gave a company that does these kinds of things money to get it done, and the company did poorly.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
When an agency is hired for an intermediary position, you'd think they'd know who would like playing the game and would be good at it and who wouldn't. If they didn't, they're a shit agency.

Like take Brad Pitt for instance. He's hired an agency (or agent) to field those calls for him and to help negotiate his contracts. You wouldn't call them up and say, "Hey, I've got this part for a really big huge fat guy..." And then have the agency cough up Brad Pitt's name.

It just wouldn't happen.

Shit agency is shit agency.

Quoting from the article...

Speaking today at the Reboot Develop conference in Croatia, Rockfish Games' co-founder Michael Schade criticised the way agencies assign influencers to promote their clients' games.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This weekend there was a Bob Ross marathon on his channel. I think I spent all my Twitch watching time this weekend watching him, with the exception of about 5 seconds watching Pike's painted tits until she opened her mouth and spoke.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Well LinusTechTips got nuked on twitch and now he's railing some rando purple-hair that's an "Event engineer" there:

1525046202168.png

1525046237610.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
The current rumor is twitch is paying specific YouTubers directly to come over to their platform. Has anyone heard about this?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It wouldn't surprise me. They're constantly stealing shit from one another. Next thing ya know, there's gonna be agents and a bidding system in place and a draft of who gets picked.

It's all just bullshit.

Just be happy that they are sissy fighting over what it could actually become.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The current rumor is twitch is paying specific YouTubers directly to come over to their platform. Has anyone heard about this?

I'm seeing people like Logan Paul all of a sudden jumping to streaming Fortnite on Twitch (no idea when he started, but I watched a few minutes and good lord he is bad), so wouldn't surprise me if they are paying him directly due to his large base on YouTube (where he is making a crapload of money as-is).

I need to start recording my life and doing dumb shit to entice kids to watch and buy my overpriced merch. Damn I am in the wrong business...