Twitch.tv

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
149,999 other people died that day....and someone made a fucking 1:30 hour documentary for one of them who recorded himself play video games for a living. GG
It looks like the documentary was made prior. Regardless, a bunch of grown men getting choked up over some dude who plays video games for a living offing himself is one of the most pathetic things I've witnessed this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

giphy.gif

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I watched since Justin TV. Sorry I didn't watch WoW streamers lol.

He pioneered a lot of stuff that is mainstream today. Like the donation for text button, that a lot of streamers relied on for income before (and during really) they get the sub button to make it a career/job that they could do full time. Seen many of the larger streamers say that without Reckful, streaming wouldn't really be what it is today. Not saying others wouldn't have thought of it, but he did it first. He had a big impact on streaming as a whole. Many top (10k+) streamers attribute their start to him. He had many breaks over the years, mostly due to his mental illness, but once he did stream he was usually in the range of 20-30k viewers. For the past few years he played mostly Hearthstone or was in the just chatting section.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I got so much free shit as a female high elf paladin. Learned about that pussy pass nice and young.

• 4Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
149,999 other people died that day....and someone made a fucking 1:30 hour documentary for one of them who recorded himself play video games for a living. GG
1 death is a tragedy, 150k deaths is a statistic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I saw this but I don't buy it. Disrespect getting canned to save some money is just not sensical. Twitch/Amazon throws around a lot of money and even if they were on the losing end of DrDisrespects contract they'd still grow their platform by letting it ride.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I actually agree with him. Although, it disgusts me to say it. Twitch doesn't want anyone coming in six months from now saying, "Hey, what about that phat lewts that the Doc got? Sorry, bro... Until you cough up the cash, I'm going someplace else!"

With them cancelling the Doc, they can't say that. Especially not with them sitting on the reason that Doc was banned. I don't ever think that we'll find out a reason why Doc was banned. The longer that this shit goes on, the more inclined I am to think this way.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doc makes more money for Twitch by streaming there than they would save by canning him... come on.

• 4Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kripp spent at least two years streaming 12-16 hours a day with basically no one watching because that's what he had to do to slowly accrue enough of an initial base to be visible, and that was on a much less crowded state of the platform.

Just had to laugh at this. Kripp grew a small following on youtube, not twitch streaming. He started streaming when diablo 3 released and quickly had one of the largest followings on the site with his push to the first inferno kill and the first hc kills.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I actually agree with him. Although, it disgusts me to say it. Twitch doesn't want anyone coming in six months from now saying, "Hey, what about that phat lewts that the Doc got? Sorry, bro... Until you cough up the cash, I'm going someplace else!"

With them cancelling the Doc, they can't say that. Especially not with them sitting on the reason that Doc was banned. I don't ever think that we'll find out a reason why Doc was banned. The longer that this shit goes on, the more inclined I am to think this way.

Didn't Pokimane get a fat deal from Twitch as well, though? Wouldn't they just use her as the example even with Doc gone (although I will say I don't know if there is a big gap between their deals)?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Doc makes more money for Twitch by streaming there than they would save by canning him... come on.
You have no facts or information to support this, you don't even know what he was being paid by Twitch. Stop talking out your ass.

Streamers are a commodity. The people who watched this guy stream aren't going to stop watching Twitch now that he's banned, they're just going to watch different streamers. I think there's more to the story than Twitch canning him to save money, but it's entirely plausible that Twitch was locked into a bad deal with the guy.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Cybsled

Shroud's twitter has been absolutely silent since the Mixer thing as well, so you know there are all sorts of negotiations right now and it wouldnt half surprise me if what happened to Doc caused a wrinkle in those negotiations (ie, I want guarantees that you can't just ban me for minor shit)

Madikus

Knows nothing.
You have no facts or information to support this, you don't even know what he was being paid by Twitch. Stop talking out your ass.

Streamers are a commodity. The people who watched this guy stream aren't going to stop watching Twitch now that he's banned, they're just going to watch different streamers. I think there's more to the story than Twitch canning him to save money, but it's entirely plausible that Twitch was locked into a bad deal with the guy.

Not true for everyone. As a nearly 4-year doc sub, I have not returned since doc was banned. I don't see myself returning. Watching people play games is pretty boring. Watching doc ENTERTAIN was the only draw twitch had for me personally.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Not true for everyone. As a nearly 4-year doc sub, I have not returned since doc was banned. I don't see myself returning. Watching people play games is pretty boring. Watching doc ENTERTAIN was the only draw twitch had for me personally.
What an exciting life you live.

• 3Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, I mean, that could be the cause of it, too. Shroud and Ninja coming back to twitch, hat in hand, ""Ummm, yah, we know we fucked up.... But ummm, how much of a fucking phat deal are you gonna give us to come back to your platform...."

Twitch : "Ummm, none?" *bans Doc*

EDIT : Also, I'm thinking that Pokimane, beside all of her usual bullshit, is a smart business woman. She saw the way the current was going and wrote in some kind of deal where if mixer goes under, then she gets a golden parachute deal (say, a million), but that releases her from her contract.

In other words, I think what's being battled for is the heart and soul of Twitch right now. Is it the streamers, or is it the platform? And with twitch banning the Doc, that sends a very strong message to the streamers, "Hey'a, shitheads... You work for us."

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sure twitch is going to cancel a big name and then ask themselves why big name streamers go elsewhere and can't see twitch as standing behind their word. Good business sense obviously lol. Unless they can spell out a well documented reason.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Where? Where else can streamers go? Facebook? YouTube?

YouTube would be the only place that can really give twitch a run for their money. And even then, it's not good.

• 1Truth!