Twitch.tv

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you watch his "personal" stream called ZackRawrr or whatever there is a huge difference between his on-stage Asmongold presence and his normal one. It is absolutely a cultivated act done intentionally. Works well for the dude.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
If Asmon had been born 30 years earlier he would have been a perfect talk radio host.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It seems like the Tourette's chick likes to tell tall stories. Apparently in the UK, they don't print the platform on the tickets. There have been some other stories that I don't have clips for.

gjM8X6c.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Facebook gobbled up Lirik's brother Dasmehdi, and they tried to sign PENTA too. 5 million or a little less for Penta I guess. He said after it, "it's not that, maybe up to that".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It seems like the Tourette's chick likes to tell tall stories. Apparently in the UK, they don't print the platform on the tickets. There have been some other stories that I don't have clips for.

gjM8X6c.png
I can confirm as a regular train user.

UK Train tickets do not say what platform the train will be on because the network is so shitty they change platforms all the time because of being late.

Not sure how her journey could have so many changes that are confusing either.

Maybe she was on the London Underground and while changing underground trains, she lost her Overground Train ticket and didn't know which station she was departing from and therefore which underground train to get next as London has quite a few train stations for outward journies.

That would make her retarded though.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Facebook gobbled up Lirik's brother Dasmehdi, and they tried to sign PENTA too. 5 million or a little less for Penta I guess. He said after it, "it's not that, maybe up to that".

thats pretty crazy, i dunno what their viewer numbers are like but i imagine medhi pulls in less than lirik who still peaks around 30-40k for big streams and 20k or so for regular.

I remember a big Destiny streamer went to facebook gaming, I forget his name but it was like King Goliath or something. I totally get the appeal though, its better to get a guaranteed $3-4m right now and not have to worry about twitch banning your account for whatever insane thing someone comes up with next, or Metallica deciding your farts sound like Enter Sandman.

It is pretty wild the ups and downs of content creator careers, ninja streams like 1-2 times a month now and he was the biggest video game streamer in the world a few years ago with Drake playing alongside him. Now two literal autistic sperglords, xQc and asmongold, are the worlds biggest streamers. crazy.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, if it turns out she's just been lying about having Tourettes this whole time and therefore getting a free pass to say the Jogger word live, well, I'd chuckle. She still has nice jugs though.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

gjM8X6c.png

Someone on the internet lied to get people to like them? Shocking

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, if it turns out she's just been lying about having Tourettes this whole time and therefore getting a free pass to say the Jogger word live, well, I'd chuckle. She still has nice jugs though.

a real life version of that south park episode

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

She allegedly showed Twitch some manner of evidence, so presumably it was sufficient enough for them to not ban her lol

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
She allegedly showed Twitch some manner of evidence, so presumably it was sufficient enough for them to not ban her lol

Wait, lying about things is a bannable offense on Twitch??

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
thats pretty crazy, i dunno what their viewer numbers are like but i imagine medhi pulls in less than lirik who still peaks around 30-40k for big streams and 20k or so for regular.

I watched him occasionally playing GTA RP and he probably averages 1/10 of what his brother does. Can only imagine it must have made sense financially to switch over to FB?? Twitch viewership keeps rising at a pretty impressive level so I would think it is the platform with the most earning potential. Good to see people that put a lot of time and effort into their careers reaping some rewards.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I just don't understand who the fuck watches any lives streams, much less gaming content, on fucking FB! I remembered a few years ago when I found out that Tradechat chick streamed there and wondered who the fuck watched that? Her granny? Still, if someone payed me a few mill to stream there, I'd probably do it, even if no-one watched.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I watched him occasionally playing GTA RP and he probably averages 1/10 of what his brother does. Can only imagine it must have made sense financially to switch over to FB?? Twitch viewership keeps rising at a pretty impressive level so I would think it is the platform with the most earning potential. Good to see people that put a lot of time and effort into their careers reaping some rewards.
My understanding is these contracts pay out over time for X amount of hours per week streamed, so you still get subscription, donation, and ad revenue on top of that. The lower subscription, donation, and ad revenue is kind of offset by the contract payments. These contracts are generally considered "short term", so like 1-3 years, and the stability of income is a big plus for some lesser known streamers. I also believe there are stronger exit/termination clauses that favor the streamer, so if you make a bad joke on twitter and get "cancelled" you still can get some payout.

The problem with switching platforms is that literally no one is going to follow you to that platform because Twitch is where everyone else is. No streamer who has chosen to switch platforms, including Shroud, has been remotely successful because of that. You can do OK on YouTube, as Dr. Disrespect has shown, but you'll never replace the sheer volume of users and reach that Twitch has.That's why so many streamers who took contracts with Facebook, YouTube, etc. usually end up back on Twitch after their contract ends.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My understanding is these contracts pay out over time for X amount of hours per week streamed, so you still get subscription, donation, and ad revenue on top of that. The lower subscription, donation, and ad revenue is kind of offset by the contract payments. These contracts are generally considered "short term", so like 1-3 years, and the stability of income is a big plus for some lesser known streamers. I also believe there are stronger exit/termination clauses that favor the streamer, so if you make a bad joke on twitter and get "cancelled" you still can get some payout.

The problem with switching platforms is that literally no one is going to follow you to that platform because Twitch is where everyone else is. No streamer who has chosen to switch platforms, including Shroud, has been remotely successful because of that. You can do OK on YouTube, as Dr. Disrespect has shown, but you'll never replace the sheer volume of users and reach that Twitch has.That's why so many streamers who took contracts with Facebook, YouTube, etc. usually end up back on Twitch after their contract ends.

I think you're right about the switching part for sure. But original YouTube content creators seem to do better streaming on YouTube b/c that is where their audience is. A few have talked about that and how it isn't worth their time streaming on Twitch because all of their users are from YouTube. So there's a platform for reach based on where your primary content resides and switching off that platform may not work out. I watched Doc on Twitch all the time. And even though I do watch a few YouTube livestreams I've maybe watched Doc on there a handful. Even using both platforms for the same thing I didn't even make the transition.