Ultima Online Forever - UO Forever - Launches 01/18

Kaligoo_sl

shitlord
Long time UO player, where is this Noob dungeon? Are you talking despise ?

Also for my mage was thinking:
mage, med, eval, resist, wrestle, alchemy and scribe?

dexer:

swords tactics healing anat resist .... ? what else?

I'm more of a second age player.
Got into this server 2 days ago, wanted to lay to rest some of your concerns. This is a big budget server, the population and GM's are active. It doesn't even feel like a free server. I started a miner in Minoc because I haven't played UO for 10+ years and it feels like an old OSI server. There are new players around and people crafting. Hop into the IRC channel (Link is on the uoforeverwebsite) to ask questions or to find some buddies.

Ps. the newbie dungeon is in the britain graveyard (NE corner). You have to double click a fake gravestone and a latter pops up for you to descend into.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Never once even looked at UO, was busy playing The Realm (embarssing), FFXI, DAOC and other assorted shit. Worth hopping in to check out at this point? I've got plenty of time to kill while I'm on the hunt for a different job than I currently have.

rad

Lord of Guk
Never once even looked at UO, was busy playing The Realm (embarssing), FFXI, DAOC and other assorted shit. Worth hopping in to check out at this point? I've got plenty of time to kill while I'm on the hunt for a different job than I currently have.
Only one way to find out.

Kaligoo_sl

shitlord
We had a good time with it. Had a group of 5 buddies and all we did was come up with ways to scam people. So much fun.
Haha, I loved the realm. But to answer your question it's definitely worth a shot. It becomes a bit addicting actually trying out different combat templates and saving up for a house.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
My name in realm was Athens and I scammed left and right. Engraved iron swords and dyed them purple and sold them as wraths... lol.

My best was made a second account made a doppelganger of a famous well known middle man who had a long name. Ringadaeleus.... My guy was Ringadealous, of course everyone vouched. I ended up stealing a rare spell worth 300 million.

UO:F is ok so far, seems like a lot of tamers and bards. Thinking of going fisher/thunter - but fishing is awfully boring to raise as it appears there isn't a way to macro it without a boat.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not so sure how I feel about the shard anymore.
I agree, the way they write it off is bullshit--but supposedly this guy is offering VPN free of charge to people overseas, which is what lets them connect at decent ping to the shard. The developers said it was the reason for the recent population swell--because tons of people from other countries can play now. So, in that regard, what he did was far more than a donation.

But they should bite the bullet and say straight up that this reward is more than just visual--because it's obvious that location is absolutely fucking killer and it DOES affect tons of merchant classes.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Out of curiosity, where is the illegal house placement they gave out? Or are you saying they gave it to you (moonglow), you say you have the most trafficked house?
No, they gave it to someone else. It's right by the bridge outside of the west Britain bank. So, outside the city but still in the "no build zone" that surrounds the city.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I've only been playing casually but I'm quickly becoming disenfranchised with the way staff "rewards" large donations. Obviously there will be a tipping point, and to be quite honest I'm surprised this recent house fiasco wasn't that point. I'm done logging in, as much as I loved UO back in the day I really don't have the mindset to deal with the politics anymore.

rad

Lord of Guk
I agree, merchants on the shard have a propper reason to be offended. But all things considered, the increassed access is a solid donation.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
The vendor house is gone outside of Brit now, only lasted a day or two. I'm glad the staff realized it was a wrong move. The person he placed it for has been helping a ton with donating and free VPNs for oversea players so it wasn't out of nowhere but it of course wasn't fair for the other crafters on the server and looked fishy to people who didn't know the full story.

khanable_sl

shitlord
Rolled a toon two nights ago -- skill ups are insanely quick. Go to the newb dungeon near Brit (protip-the little building near Brit Bank will take you inside instead of running to the graveyard). GM'd swords and tactics and some other shit pretty quick. Farmed some gold and was able to get myself some decent armor.

Was running around outside of Brit looking for vendors and I was PK'd. Got a res and came back and my shit was all gone.

Dude popped out again and gave it all back and then took me around to check out some dungeons and help me get a horse (I couldn't find the stables to save my life).

Nice crowd. lol.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm not so sure how I feel about the shard anymore.
They actually offered control of the mine (make it akin to a house and we could actually ban people from it) that my guild Haven's town is by to us if we donated a considerable sum of $$. We declined because we knew this wasn't how we wanted to play the game but we had the feeling this was going to happen for others. I'm not happy about it but again, I'm not playing on an OSI server, I'm playing on some guys server and it's free so I really don't have much say other than continue to play or not.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Server seems to have been growing the past week with all of the UO buzz going around with this Richard Garriot kick starter. Lots of newbs rolling up here everyday so its worth a look if you want to play oldschool UO.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
The drama is still strong, a player who visits/posts here named Coconut/Fujiko decided to act like a 2 year old and got banned from the server couple days ago. Since then has been spamming their IRC, DDoSing the server and using bots to make accounts in every attempt to get back at the meanie heads. lol are these people born retarded or did they just not get enough spankings as a child?

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I made a Treasure hunter, worked my balls off to make him. But farming as a mage is awful since EV's are super weak. No interest in making a bard as I usually use one to farm. I tried to make a tamer but the gains are stupid.

Losing interest quick.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
UO:R is the era of the dexxer. Try it out first and if that doesn't work :\ 150% dmg bonus for melee against monsters + slayers make things fun all around for a dexxer at the moment.