Ultima Online Forever - UO Forever - Launches 01/18

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I met a guy who found an abandon boat and been using that to GM fishing and work up magery. Havent found one MIB yet. Several lvl 1 t-maps and some nets

You guys in Yew looking for more people? I dont get to play much during the week. Would like to set up show somewhere I won't get jumped every day for fishing items i find.
You still got that boat? I could get some rares that'll sell for a nice chunk of money if I could use a boat for 5m.

Edit - If it works like it did on osi, I want to test it out before I buy a boat.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Wow, what a flashback! I was a Councilor on Catskills and Oceania when it opened, way back in the day. I remember I was the only oneonlinefor NYE 1999/2000 and my call queue went from 0-30+ between 11:59 and 12:01 just from people wanting to say hello. I might even still have my smurf docs tucked away somewhere.

How is the lag? I can't believe I'm thinking of downloading it...

Dantre_sl

shitlord
Fucking hooked on this shit again.

As others have said, it's about the community -- of all the free shards I've played on since the OSI days, this one feels the closet to my old baja days.

6 characters between 2 accounts isn't enough!

//mourn the golden days of UO but this is as close as I've gotten to recapturing it

Just a heads up -- this shit isn't for care bears.... the percentages of good/bad players aren't like the OSI days -- you will get scammed/fucked/killed without remorse if you're not prepared.

Vasconcellos_sl

shitlord
I'm having an issue after the installation with Razor, it gives me the following error:
Exception @ 02-09-13 16:01:06.7421
System.InvalidOperationException: This Razor installation is corrupted.
bij Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

If I try the regular Razor from the official website, it runs fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm running Windows 8 64bit

Vasconcellos_sl

shitlord
Yeah saw that, didnt work as those options dont exist in Window 8 any more.

Downloading Razor from the official page and manually configuring the server works though.

Scyfi

N00b
You still got that boat? I could get some rares that'll sell for a nice chunk of money if I could use a boat for 5m.

Edit - If it works like it did on osi, I want to test it out before I buy a boat.
I don't it was borrowed. Waiting on price drop to buy one.

Young_sl

shitlord
If I recall, this era was a lot of fun for dueling, and I actually found it a lot more challenging that simply timing a EXP+FS+Hally combo.

EA or Mythic or whomever, gave their official word I think a year or so back that they had heavily considered making a classic shard, but had decided not to go forward and would not be changing that in the near future.

Too bad, I understand with their limited resources it can create a challenge, but I think they could get a good niche of players back. Maybe in another five years.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Having a blast on this server. Been playing casually since the day it went live, have a small guild set up with some buddies, a nice house built with a forge and anvil in it, and having fun with my GM mage/archer. Sadly, having more fun with this than any MMO thats released in the last 5 years probably.

Still the best sandbox MMO around.

rad

Lord of Guk
If I recall, this era was a lot of fun for dueling, and I actually found it a lot more challenging that simply timing a EXP+FS+Hally combo.

EA or Mythic or whomever, gave their official word I think a year or so back that they had heavily considered making a classic shard, but had decided not to go forward and would not be changing that in the near future.

Too bad, I understand with their limited resources it can create a challenge, but I think they could get a good niche of players back. Maybe in another five years.
Show thy self!

Ortega

Vyemm Raider

I thought this server would be just like I remembered UO, however quite a bit is different. If you read theFAQyou'll notice that shit like Inscription boosts Magery, Lumberjacking boosts melee damage, and worst of all there is no "Instant-Hit" as the era was remembered for.

I was pretty stoked to play, but feel my desire fading. PVP was all about timing the Hally combo or having a badass Parry Dexer with some magery for boom boxes and magic reflect, but I guess not... Also I noticed on the FAQ it says no reds in town however there was a red name PeeKay clearly running through Vesper with nothing stopping him.

I'm not sure what the creators were anticipating PVP wise, but removal of instant hit really makes the mechanics of mage pvp quite boring. Explode Ebolt, Explode Ebolt, Paralyze, Whatever, Heal as needed... From what I recall nearly 90% of my friends left UO when the patch landed in 2000 that removed instant hit, so why on earth would you make a classic server without it?

EDIT
Apparently I misread your post. I must be off base on what era they were intending for this server, but I certainly don't see why a lack of combo's that at least took some degree of coordination would be considered easy when spamming spells is certainly easier than that.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
They base it off the UO:R era, which had things like inscription bonus to magery, lumberjacking bonus to axes, and removed insta-hit. Although there are still a lot of differences on this server than from the UO:R era, but none of the things you mentioned weren't in UO:R.

You are remembering UO:T2A.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
just started this. last time i played was in 96' and i was like 10 years old and had no idea wtf i was doing and i still don't know what i`m doing now.

where is the mark spell? trying to get some runes up so i can go to covetous and back to britain.

how do i type in chat without all my macros going off?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
just started this. last time i played was in 96' and i was like 10 years old and had no idea wtf i was doing and i still don't know what i`m doing now.

where is the mark spell? trying to get some runes up so i can go to covetous and back to britain.

how do i type in chat without all my macros going off?
In razor there is a command to disable hotkeys. Make an F key that hotkey and you can flip your hotkeys on and off to talk and cast. Mark spell is sold by scribes in Britain (Below the bank).

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
no mark spell here. i`m at the scribe shop slight SE of the bank in britain and both don't sell it. anywhere else?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
In razor there is a command to disable hotkeys. Make an F key that hotkey and you can flip your hotkeys on and off to talk and cast. Mark spell is sold by scribes in Britain (Below the bank).
Oh hi neighbor, when I saw the name lithose in game I knew it looked familiar, but I thought it was just from the uof forums, I forgot I saw it on these forums too.

<----- Dario

I think you may need to find the npc that is the scribe balroc, if you haven't had any luck in an hour I'll be able to hop on and make you a scroll and/or mark some runes for you.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
i`m at the bank in britain raising magery. balrocx is the name. oh, and my young status is gone already? wasn't it supposed to be 32 hours? cause this account is like 8 hours old.