Ultima Online Forever - UO Forever - Launches 01/18

Scyfi

N00b
Hey Funk I am running around as Scy i think i saw you in desolace or whatever that dungeon is above Brit, I got ganked hard stupid poison.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
haha, nice to run into you. Hope the dragons treated you nicely
wink.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Been working up my archery/lumberjacking over in the Minoc/Vesper areas and Covetous(yay harpies for farming feathers). My two characters are Joeboo and Jobu if you happen to see either around. I've only been ganked once so far, down near the bottom of Covetous. PK fencer/poisoner sliced me up while his bluebie buddy stonewalled the exits to keep me trapped.

Does anyone know if this server has the feature of different types of wood for crafting bows? Lumberjacking is ungodly slow(I'm only at 60ish while my fletching is in the mid 70s) and I haven't seen any specialized wood types yet.

Having a blast so far, my only gripe is not knowing exactly which era/rules apply to everything on the server. Seems like it's a mix of a few different eras/expansions.

badlok

N00b
Can't wait to start playing this one , good old memories , but it suck i'm at work till Feb 4th !

Shouldn't have told my friends right after seeing this thread though , i will have to catch up with them.

I'm still not sure about class and professions though , keep on posting , you guys giving me good idea till i'm back home

yraapt_sl

shitlord
Not sure I'll stick with this over the long term, but it has been fun so far. I'm pretty much a UO noob, but I've managed to GM swords/tactics/anat. Dungeons definitely give faster gains. Magery/Resist seem much harder to raise.

All of my PVP encounters so far have been at the entrance of a dungeon. I'm more of a PVE guy. Been making decent money in Shame off Earth Elementals. Maybe if I get bored I'll try out the PVP aspect. There is certainly plenty of opportunity around entrances during prime time. Recall has saved my butt.

Yraapt

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game is definitely what you make of it. There's not really any goal for you to reach for unless you make it yourself.

Right now what I want to do is:
* Buy a house with a patio
* GM everything on my Mage, Dexer, Lumberjack, and Tamer.
* Amass wealth

Seeing the world is a lot of fun and going through the dungeons and experiencing them all is a good time. You can PvM for a long, long time and not run out of stuff to do. PvP can be fun if you don't care about losing your stuff (which you shouldn't), and the faction stuff will be fun to get into if you ever decide to PvP.

And of course, ganking noobs and being a murderer is always fun
smile.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I got the 3 easy ones out of the way fencing, tact, anat so I could start making some money. Think they are supposed to make resist slightly easier next patch so I may wait until then to continue working magery because in the time it took me to go from 50 -> 80 magery I went from 60 -> 62 resist. Healing is also rather slow past 70, think I'm around 86 in that.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I talked to the GM today and he still doesn't know if he's going to change resist rates. I know he said a day or two ago that he was going to do it like today, but at this point he doesn't know. He likes where they are but is considering changing it so that people who don't macro can still gain decently.

So maybe you might want to wait, maybe not. Heh
smile.png

Scyfi

N00b
haha, nice to run into you. Hope the dragons treated you nicely
wink.png
haha the drakes did ok but the blue P(something) drake that teleports was a bitch

Good to see so many playing we need to Look into joining up and creating a central location. I think we could have a ton of fun! Name is Scy and im going bard/dex to make some money first.

Scyfi

N00b
Looks like Destard is a midnight only thing bunch of red packs during normal times. And fag who never fight alone .

WorthyMonkey_sl

shitlord
I may have to try making my provoker again. Along with my gm fisherman who got banned, Master Baiter. I didn't get into UO until just after Trammel went live. How much different is it than the old UO? Is it kind of like P99 is in comparison to EQ?

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sort of, they went with the Renaissance era which is further along than some old-school shards, but it's still very much a "classic" UO experience. No Trammel/Felucca, no neon colors, etc etc.

I think you'll find that it's very much like you remember it, especially right now. The server is hopping with activity and the skill gain is fast enough that you'll be able to be effective relatively quickly and able to get into the fun stuff sooner rather than later.

Ha , I remember buying this from Electronic Boutique at my local mall. Going home and installing it then jumping in , asked a dude for help and he took me to Brit and said if you want to make money you should mine. So bought a pick axe which he told me how to do and followed him. Took me west of Brit and then he said bye. Not 5 secs later a big ass deamon is chasing me and he is saying "Die you fucking n00b" , i did and then my love for UO was born. Loved that game , played it till EQ went live.Tried playing it again , just could not get into it. But it sure was damn fun when i was playing it. Was a anti-pk , was fun delving into dungeons and looking for pks with my pet dragons. Also the server resets at the brit graveyard , played on the Great Lakes shard if i recall correctly.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I was hooked with the opening. haha, but I was so new when playing it that I became "dastardly" or whatever, by killing people at the GY above brit. Everyone was fighting, I figured it was okay. For like weeks I was like "Why the fuck does everyone attack me?!??!" haha.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So is bow/mage are hally/mage "superior" in this era?

Going to pick up anatomy+eval for defensive wrestling, does that count if I use archery?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have at times lithose, but I haven't had it happen in awhile, actually I believe it stopped when I changed some settings in razor someone posted on the uoforever forums. Windows 7/8 wasn't out when razor was made so it can cause some issues. This will also fix any crashes you may have been experiencing too, especially when alt tabbing through windows.

Right click your UOforever shortcut, click properties, then go to compatibility tab, and check both "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition."

But yeah, they upped resist gain 10%, but its still painfully slow, only at 66.5 still and haven't gotten a gain in 200 casts.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thanks, Mures.

Anyone know a decent list of skills and their properties (Like bonuses) for the eraforeveris in?