ultra beta male virgin shoots up hot girls at UC Santa Barbara at least 7 dead

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rrr_img_67757.jpg

Can I derail with a serious question. Has anyone ever gotten laid because of WoW? Like met up with a guildmate for some rawdawg.
i had a "chick" in everquest ask me if she could come live with me and we could have sex if i let her stay rent free. i immediately thought, this sounds like either a psycho chick who wants to murder/rob me or its a man who wants murder/rob me. so i said NO

but I bet everyone here knows at least one person who, if they committed a mass shooting, would say there were obvious signs that something wasn't right with them and someone should have done something.
my best friend has 2 crazy brothers. one thinks the space men are communicating to him in his head and the other stalks women. his first marriage, he was married for 2 months then started an online relationship with a chick and spent all his money sending her things and visiting her. then his wife dumped him and he started stalking her, the cops were called and told him to stop. then he met another chick who he liked but wanted no part of him and he would follow her to and from work, again the cops were called. he called me at my job one time and when i got to the phone wondering wtf he wanted, he started off by asking me for the name of the girl who answered the phone, i refused to tell him and it wasnt until years later that i mentioned this story to that girl and her mouth opened wide and she said, "charlie why didnt you ever tell me that? for years somebody has been calling our job and listening to me on the phone and breathing hard when i answer." i told her i had no idea if that was actually him or not.

since then he has gone even crazier and now that hes working for the government i can only imagine the mass shooting is one dismissal away. im just happy he lives in iowa where i never will run into him though he visited my friend last month and my friend wanted to come by with him to visit and i didnt have the heart to tell him that his brother is a nutjob, so i pretended like i wasnt home.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit Chuk your friend's brothers are craaaazy.
Way too many people in my WoW classic guild hooked up and fucked.
Had two guildies who started vanilla WoW and living with each other. The female began virtually hanging out with a different dude ingame all the time. They were inseparable. Eventually she moved in with that other guy and broke up with the original dude, lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not WoW, but FFXI. My friend met a girl in our guild (linkshell) and went for the weekend to her house. Said she was on her period but told him to put it in her ass and then finish in her mouth.

spronk

FPS noob
Had two guildies who started vanilla WoW and living with each other. The female began virtually hanging out with a different dude ingame all the time. They were inseparable. Eventually she moved in with that other guy and broke up with the original dude, lol.
i used to group with some of the death and taxes guys before they moved to blackrock and around 2007 or 2008 there was a famous one that happened with them. the main tanks girlfriend started sleeping with his best friend (also a guildie) and when the two figured it out they started taking nude pics of her and posting it to the forums. I guess she thought taking her own pics was retaliation or something? Anyways it got linked all over the wow spots at the time, was funny as hell

Death, Taxes Guild Drama : AFK Gamer

wowdeathandtaxesmiyavic.png

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i used to group with some of the death and taxes guys before they moved to blackrock and around 2007 or 2008 there was a famous one that happened with them. the main tanks girlfriend started sleeping with his best friend (also a guildie) and when the two figured it out they started taking nude pics of her and posting it to the forums. I guess she thought taking her own pics was retaliation or something? Anyways it got linked all over the wow spots at the time, was funny as hell

awesome heheh.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Therapists can commit people and are legally obligated to if there's reason to believe the person is an imminent threat to himself and others.
In my limited and somewhat removed experience, it can be extremely difficult to have an adult "committed" in Canada, and I doubt it's any different in the US. Even if there are HUGE warning signs, previous criminal convictions, and violent incidents.

A good friend of mine from high school had a younger brother a couple years younger, who was a totally normal, cool guy in his late teens. He started to go weird when he was 18-19. At a house party I threw while the parents were away one time, he was getting on just about everyone's nerves, asking them really weird, "deep" questions about them and just not letting shit go. Long story short, I hear a commotion and end up finding him on the front lawn beaten to hell by another one of my friends who he picked a fight with. He just picked the wrong guy. Shit like that continued to happen. He was visiting family in Australia and apparently beat the hell out of a cop or security guard or some shit, but was able to get off and get on a plane home. A couple years later he was expelled from college for stalking a teacher who he claimed to have had a sexual relationship with (but likely didn't). That went as far as her having a restraining order against him, and him breaking it and getting his ass thrown in remand with gang bangers and thugs.

At that point it had become pretty goddamn obvious that he was schizo. That shit, and I'm sure more, happened in a period of 3-4 years. And yet his family had an extremely difficult time working their way through the system to get him committed both for his own safety (so he wouldn't get shanked in remand, as he had already been getting in more fights) and his future (so he could avoid significant jail time for his stalking, and hopefully get treatment). It got to the point where his sister called and asked me to contact a friend of my dad's, who was actually the head of the mental institution where he was being evaluated at to see if there was anything he could do to help the process. Obviously he didn't tell me anything, but he took the guy's name, looked in to it, and called me back to let me know that he was being overseen by a good physician and that the wheels were turning.

Basically it took his family the better part of a year to get him forcibly committed against his will, despite his history of violence and criminal convictions, because he was refusing treatment and wouldn't acknowledge his issues. And this was a good family with the resources to pursue this kind of thing. In that time, it's entirely possible that he could have done a lot more harm to himself or someone else. Thankfully, 7-8 years on, he's responded reasonably well to treatment. I'm not sure if he's still committed or if he's living in the community now, but I do know for at least 5 years he was in a high security part of the facility, and to even attend his sister's wedding there were four beefy dudes shadowing him the entire time. Shit's a sad story.

So yeah, navigating the system and having someone committed is possible, but it's not easy and it's not quick.

Weaponsfree_sl said:
This wouldn't be a failure for mental health professionals. This was a failure in parenting, there is very little a therapist could do about this without the kid admitting he was going to shoot people.
I'm curious how you figure that this was a failure of parenting? Do you think that they caused or were responsible for his mental illness? Or do you think that they should have done more to get him committed? I don't think it's fair to blame the parents at all in this situation, from what I've read. They did try to get their son help, repeatedly.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious how you figure that this was a failure of parenting? Do you think that they caused or were responsible for his mental illness? Or do you think that they should have done more to get him committed? I don't think it's fair to blame the parents at all in this situation, from what I've read. They did try to get their son help, repeatedly.
One part that struck out for me was his mother. Rodger asked her mom to pick up Halo 4 for him when it came out. She did. When Rodger felt he was feeling inferior and sad, he would call his mother and cry his heart out.

I can't see myself doing any of that shit, let alone making my mother pick up a game in my 20.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No parents are perfect but if they've had him in and out of professional therapy since he was 8 I really feel for them.

iannis

Musty Nester
No parents are perfect but 99.99~% of them do not raise mass murderers.

Of course the time to throw those stones is decades past and they never were mine to throw to begin with.

Just sayin... yeah. They had something to do with it.

Edit: The raging virgin himself probably had more to do with it.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider

Can't check at work, is that the one where the chick posted a picture of the dude covered in nut? That shit was hilarious

also:

An elf character from the World of Warcraft is a far cry from Garrosh Hellscream, another character possibly mimicked by California mass shooter Elliot Rodger.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
One part that struck out for me was his mother. Rodger asked her mom to pick up Halo 4 for him when it came out. She did. When Rodger felt he was feeling inferior and sad, he would call his mother and cry his heart out.

I can't see myself doing any of that shit, let alone making my mother pick up a game in my 20.
Did he have a job? I bet he didn't have a job. How else would a jobless child get toys besides mother and father buying them?

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Did he have a job? I bet he didn't have a job. How else would a jobless child get toys besides mother and father buying them?
i would imagine some kind of allowance (most foreign students receive it I think) but making his own mom to pick up his game is hard to swallow.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
It is tres sad. If I was his mom I would have told him to hold still while I drove over there to stick my foot up his ass. I generally find bullying loathsome, but this is one case where some ass-kickings could have done some good.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
No parents are perfect but 99.99~% of them do not raise mass murderers.

Of course the time to throw those stones is decades past and they never were mine to throw to begin with.

Just sayin... yeah. They had something to do with it.

Edit: The raging virgin himself probably had more to do with it.
So you're saying that even where severe mental disease that is primarily genetic in nature that killings by mass murderers should be blamed on parents? Why? Because they didn't just drown the little fucker when they had the chance? Again, I'm not an expert, but I'm under the impression that a lot of mental disease is NOT caused by nurture/environment. Some people are just born broken, unfortunately.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Without knowing more about what the parents did for the kid speculation on their failures is a bit presumptive. It's convenient and easy to simply blame a child's act on their parents and often it makes sense but there's just not enough information to go on here.