Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The Unchartered series is one of my all time favorites. I pretty much bought the PS4 for this game. Cannot wait.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Uncharted 4 is going to do nothing new at all...

And its going to be absolutely fucking incredible. The cinematic values and just the feeling when playing the series is absolutely perfect. Such an enjoyable journey, definitely one of the best game series ever made.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Holy hell.. new _Extended_ trailer, first part is from E3 as we saw when he grapples to the truck.. then it continues.... Pre-order now complete
smile.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
if Alfonso Cuar?n or I??rritu don't get to direct a live action Uncharted it'll be a sin. It lends so well to those long sequences and they do such a good job in the game presenting them, to not have something like that in a movie would be a disservice. Not sure who else could pull it off.

spronk

FPS noob
that reminds me, need to put in my uncharted collection order in. releases 10/9 (3 months) i think i'll be pretty busy that month playing those 3 games

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They aren't exceptionally long games, I think 15-20 hours each and I think the first is shorter

spronk

FPS noob
Uncharted 1-3 remastered is out in a little over a month (Oct 9th) some new info at pax

ps3 vs ps4 visually

ihw1zsaeosf.gif

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Both 1-3 remaster and 4 are instant buys for me. Love these games.

That gif though... I always thought the PS3 versions of the games looked really good, but now I wonder if the most used art creating tool in previous generations was the "blur" tool.

Just imagine the last few years of game development going something like

Texture artist: Look at what I made!
Game director: Great! Now blur the shit out of it!
Texture artist: Awwww
frown.png

Game director: Don't worry. Remember to keep the original, then we can resell the game with the original textures once new hardware can run it!
CEO of company: BRILLIANT! Do this for all the games! Remaster everything! ALL THE $
Texture artist: But... I want to make new things
Game director / CEO: STFU and go to your cubicle and design outfits for DLC $!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
As much as I love the series, I really hope they implement some of the progression aspects they put into TLoU. Make collectibles give points or something that unlock advancements to Nate. Also the weapons should be upgraded similarly

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Certainly one of the better game series ever made. I'll pick up the new installment, not sure I'll go for the remastered though. I may just get it from Gamefly and binge play before the new one comes out.

I imagine all the remastered games like TLOU and this will eventually make it to PS+. Already played them, I'll probably wait for that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm looking forward to all of it since I skipped out on the whole PS3 thing.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Never played any of them but TLOU so looking forward to that.
The Uncharted's don't have the progression stuff that Ritley talked about above, but the games (especially 2 & 3) are just incredible. Not generally a fan of real-time stuff, but this series is on a totally different level. Characters are phenomenal, and the games get just "weird" enough with their stories.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And the scenery is beautiful. At least it was back on the PS3. I can imagine the PS4 version would be even more so.

Just a heads up, "most" of the secrets in this game aren't limited by time. As you progress through an area, you kill all of the bad guys in that area before moving to the next. So kill the people, then search for treasure. I think Uncharted 3 with its "chase" scenes are the only part where treasure is timed.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
But again, besides achievements there is no reason to search out the treasures. It doesn't help you in the game at all