Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This is also true. I'm just one of those 100% completionist guys.
I am only in the character progression sense. I'll collect everything that improves my character (like TLoU), but generally don't care about achievements for their own sake.

I used to but found I enjoyed the game much more when I just let that shit go

spronk

FPS noob
I'll do achievements if I'll get 90% of a ps4 platinum trophy normally, and so just a little extra effort gives the plat. But I won't even bother if its dozens of hours of grinding or stuff that is too hard for me, like S ranking everything in metal gear or doing all the event challenges in god of war remastered.

Ironically I find I try more on PS4 than xbox one, since the latter is just a score and I don't really see a difference between getting 900/1000 GS or 1000/1000, whereas getting a platinum trophy feels quite a bit "better". All weird human psychology I guess, since its all just digital loot that is completely meaningless.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
These games I just beat and don't collect anything.

Even TLoU i barely did upgrade stuff because the game was so piss easy. I barely even used ammo, mostly meleed people.

spronk

FPS noob

also TLOU is quite a different game if you play in grounded mode, in terms of resources and difficulty

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'll do achievements if I'll get 90% of a ps4 platinum trophy normally, and so just a little extra effort gives the plat. But I won't even bother if its dozens of hours of grinding or stuff that is too hard for me, like S ranking everything in metal gear or doing all the event challenges in god of war remastered.

Ironically I find I try more on PS4 than xbox one, since the latter is just a score and I don't really see a difference between getting 900/1000 GS or 1000/1000, whereas getting a platinum trophy feels quite a bit "better". All weird human psychology I guess, since its all just digital loot that is completely meaningless.
90% playing normally? We're not playing the same games. The highest I have for any game is Bloodborne at 80%, and it wasn't quite normal - I saved and reloaded for the 3 endings. I'm not too big a trophy guy generally, but I generally finish games with 30-60% after having gone after easier trophies.

I personallt hate trophies because they do affect ho wI play games. I don't care about plats at all but I get pretty bummed when I see a bunch of 0-20%s in a row in my profile.

The Last of Us is super annoying. Beat it, loved it, won't play again. 6%

spronk

FPS noob
Uncharted Collection is out, 1 gig update after install. Really enjoying it so far, love the characters and has that OG Tomb Raider feel so far. Looks absolutely gorgeous so far, 3 games for $60 can't beat that

The UC4 beta is not a code or anything, you will have to have the game and launch it to get access to UC4.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I like trophies, even seek out plats, but when I first finished UC1 I got 5% or so and was quick to decided this was one series series I was not going to be going for plats.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Don't give a shit about trophies but do collect most shiney shit as I play depending on how it is implemented and PIA factor.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have plat in UC1, but none of the other ones. I'm not a fan of the multiplayer trophy requirements.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My time is too valuable to be spent looking for treasures lol. These are great games for sure, my wife is obsessed - we have a framed uncharted 3 poster haha

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ended up with 42 treasures from the first game without actively looking for them

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thinking back, I'm pretty sure Uncharted was the game that made me decide trophies/achievements were the worst idea in gaming of the last decade. I didn't mind looking for treasures, it's the ones that make you get kill quotas using shitty guns that have no ammo to speak of. To do some of them you have to just mindlessly repeat a particular stage over and over. Only thing worse than that kind of design is making multiplayer ones part of a platinum.

Still loved the games themselves, but whoever comes up with the trophies for Naughty Dog games can eat a dick.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Haha yeah. TLoU is probably the stingiest game I know of for trophies. Hell, I ended my first and only playthrough of Star Ocean 4 with 35%. TLoU? Like 3 or 5%.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure I didn't platinum Star Ocean because there was some recipe or ingredient I missed along the way that was part of the 100% crafting trophy, etc... Loved that game.

Envy people going through Uncharted for the 1st time though. Great series.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So far it really makes me want to play TLOU and Tomb Raider again.

But I love the dialog.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just finished off the collection including the Vita uncharted.

I had missed playing these games when they came out so the remastered versions were a welcome addition.

Here is my thoughts on them. Although I loved all the characters, and was happy to play a really cool Indiana Jones type experience these are very basic games.
The puzzles are really way too simple, and every game was pretty much the same story played three different times.

That being said the flow of the games was fantastic. At no time do you ever feel lost , or overwhelmed. Pretty amazing that they can guide you like that so easily without feeling like you are be guided.
If these games are considered interactive movies then Naughty Dog does it better then any company.

If I had to rate Uncharted against The Last of US. The Last of Us wins by a landslide. It is a superior game in every respect.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I agree. Uncharted games are great stories and characters, with combat that is just OK. TLoU has a better story, equal or better characters, and a far superior combat system. Plus the added RPG elements that TLoU has makes it even better