Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Gator

Molten Core Raider
10 minutes of pre-alpha gameplay.

Although we are still in the pre-alpha stage of development, everything you see in the video is in-game and in real-time running at 1080p and a stable 30hz. It?s looking pretty spectacular already and we still have quite some time to optimize and refine our technology to make this the best looking and playing Uncharted game to date.
If you?re wondering who called Nathan Drake ?little brother? and exactly what that means, we?ll be trickling out more details soon. Why is Drake on an island? What?s he searching for? Who?s shooting at Drake again and why is he shooting back? Be sure to pay attention to our Twitter feed and social channels for the latest news and updates. 2015 is going to be awesome.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...irst-gameplay/

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What a beautiful game. My wife and I just sat here and watched the entire video. Awesome... especially for alpha. Can't wait until it's closer to release.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Imagine the gaming world if every developer was as dedicated / talented as Naughty Dog. The quality of the Uncharted series and The Last of Us just blows everything else out of the water.

Can't wait for this one, the wife loves watching me play through these.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still can't believe Naughty Dog are the same people that put out that steaming pile of shit Way of the Warrior on the 3DO

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Imagine the gaming world if every developer was as dedicated / talented as Naughty Dog. The quality of the Uncharted series and The Last of Us just blows everything else out of the water.
There is a lot of talent everywhere. The problem is management, egos, and work environment. If you could place every development company in the same situation as Naughty Dog is in right now, we would be playing a new game of this caliber every two weeks. It's why I get so disgusted sometimes with the industry as a whole, the scapegoats for the bad seeds trying to save their job, and the continuation of it all. What's even more ridiculous is the opportunity cost for the force feed publishers out there is astounding.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Naughty Dog reminds me of Blizzard before.

This is my wife's favorite series, getting a little tired of no release date though.

spronk

FPS noob
no announcement until e3 but word is nov 2015

and yeah the 3 studios left that are still held in high regard by me are valve (although no games in years), rockstar, and naughty dog.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Did anyone else get a feeling that it's the same island that Lara Croft was on on her reboot? It looks eerily similar. Not that I would complain if the pair worked together.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Looks great! Having never played 1-3, do you think it will matter just jumping into this when its released? Should I even bother with the previous ones?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are they going with a whole new combat system and feel. Because the combat in 1-3 make the games unplayable IMO. Also the fact you're supposed to be some Indiana Jones type but you have a bodycount of over 100,000 people by the end of 3.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Looks great! Having never played 1-3, do you think it will matter just jumping into this when its released? Should I even bother with the previous ones?
If you have the means, play them. They are each superb in their own right. The first one can feel a bit dated at times but for the most part stands up over time.

The only reason you might consider holding off for is an HD trilogy remake. Believe it was mentioned as a likely candidate by Shuei or whoever for a HD remaster.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If you have a PS3, yes. You can also get them for very cheap. 1+2 come in a package. And I believe all three at one point or another were available for free on PSN as a plus membership.

If not, from a story perspective, it won't matter much. They do a good job at catching you up with characters if you meet any from the previous games.

In the order of greatness, Uncharted 2 was the best, Uncharted 1 was good, Uncharted 3 being the 3rd choice.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

and yeah the 3 studios left that are still held in high regard by me are valve (although no games in years), rockstar, and naughty dog.
That would be my guess too, I think the previous two were released around then. Pulled that right out of my ass, so could be wrong.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Just curious but why Rockstar? I personally find them very inconsistant. I loved GTA3-line games but thought GTA4 was a steaming pile of shit. They straight up robbed me blind with State of Emergency. I will say I haven't played RDR nor GTA5 since I fell out of favor with them after SoE and GTA4.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you have a PS3, yes. You can also get them for very cheap. 1+2 come in a package. And I believe all three at one point or another were available for free on PSN as a plus membership.

If not, from a story perspective, it won't matter much. They do a good job at catching you up with characters if you meet any from the previous games.

In the order of greatness, Uncharted 2 was the best, Uncharted 1 was good, Uncharted 3 being the 3rd choice.
Uncharted 2 is by far the best but Uncharted 3 is significantly better than 1. 1 is really showing it's age and you can tell they were just dipping their toe in to the water.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I played through 1 again last year, doing all of the various secrets and treasures. It really was a great game.

Szlia

1 is a good game, 2 is a great game, 3 is a bit of mess but certainly has its moments. The main problems with 3 is that the set pieces were designed before the scenario so everything feels a bit shoe-horned or dumb (like 20 billion rocket launcher guys in that castle in Syria - would be more realistic if done now though!). Also, they added an incredible number of flavor animations, with drake slipping, stumbling, losing his grip, floors collapsing, walls crumbling, edges breaking, ladders snapping, etc, etc. It's very very well done, but the problem is that all of it has no gameplay impact, so you push your stick forward and tons of crazy thrilling stuff and close calls happen, but you just watch them. You are not their cause nor have to deal with them, so it creates a distance with the character and with what's happening in the game.

EDIT: It should be noted that some people have an issue with the core of the gameplay in the serie, as it's 'just' a polished but not overly original 3rd person cover shooter with 3D platforming elements and some mild puzzles for the Indy flavor.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I have only played 1 and 3, sounds like i need to pick up 2 asap !

4 looks like a day 1 buy for me.