Uncut Gems (2019)

Fedor

<Banned>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Uncut Gems (2019)

Genre: Crime, Comedy, Thriller

Director: Benny Safdie, Josh Safdie

Cast: Adam Sandler, Julia Fox, Kevin Garnett, The Weeknd, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Aranbayev, Jacob Igielski, Noa Fisher, Paloma Elsesser, Lakeith Stanfield, Eric Bogosian, Judd Hirsch, Pom Klementieff, Jake Ryan, Josh Ostrovsky, Robbie DeRaffele

Release: 2019-12-13

Runtime: 130

Plot: Set in the diamond district of New York City, Howard Ratner, a jewelry store owner and dealer to the rich and famous, must find a way to pay his debts when his merchandise is taken from one of his top sellers and girlfriend.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Damn. I hate Sandler on principle (mostly on the principle that he's made mad bank on taking vacations with his buddies and making crappy ensemble comedies with them while doing so) but this actually looks good, and he looks good in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Damn. I hate Sandler on principle (mostly on the principle that he's made mad bank on taking vacations with his buddies and making crappy ensemble comedies with them while doing so) but this actually looks good, and he looks good in it.

Why hate on him for that? It isn't his fault studios keep handing him insane amounts of money to pay his friends to hang out with him.

Also, his animated stuff is pretty good.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Adam Sandler will come up with sneaky tricks to undermine his host society while his black friends unwittingly due his bidding in exchange for bling and fat white women.

• 2Worf

Fedor

<Banned>
everyone should watch the previous Safdie brothers movie

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Why hate on him for that? It isn't his fault studios keep handing him insane amounts of money to pay his friends to hang out with him.

Also, his animated stuff is pretty good.

I'm not envious, YOU are envious.

Sigh.

• 1Worf
  • 1Great Review

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So this is getting some great reviews and has 150 critic reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and is sitting at 93%.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I recommend.

I wish Sandler took more roles like this.

Last edited:

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I watched this earlier today. I liked it. It wasn't amazing or anything. His mistress was gorgeous. It was frustrating watching him keep getting fucked over and digging himself deeper and deeper. Visceral movie. 4/5.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I just walked out an hour into this movie. It was offensively stupid.

If you like watching stupid people bicker back and forth about stupid shit in person, on speakerphone, in text messages, or in regular phone calls, you will love this movie because that's mostly what this is. It's nonstop and it's exhausting.

It's also a movie about Jews acting like Jews and ghetto trash acting like ghetto trash

This review sums up pretty well how I feel about it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
This just makes his regular movies worse.

Proving that when you give a shit you can do quality work only reinforces that 90% of the time you don't give a shit.

That doesn't make THIS one bad though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just walked out an hour into this movie. It was offensively stupid.

If you like watching stupid people bicker back and forth about stupid shit in person, on speakerphone, in text messages, or in regular phone calls, you will love this movie because that's mostly what this is. It's nonstop and it's exhausting.

It's also a movie about Jews acting like Jews and ghetto trash acting like ghetto trash

This review sums up pretty well how I feel about it.

That review is retarded. Sorry the reviewer was too dumb to follow a medium complexity plot.

Edit: lol reviewer loved TLJ and Cats. Wakandan must have some serious galaxy brain movie tastes.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
huh for some reason i thought this was under Sandler's Netflix deal, i guess it isn't. Its distributed/produced by A24, so its sticking around in theaters for a while if you want to see it there.

There is a good quality oscar dvd screener rip of it though similar to knives out, beautiful day, jojo rabbit, etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database