Uncut Gems (2019)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm fucking dead.. The movie is being universally panned by audiences for "Crude language".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I liked it a lot. The two people I went with did not like it. Dunno whats wrong with people.

SeanDoe1z1

I didn't get bored with it, which is usually my litmus test.

The bald guy that kept reappearing asking for cash and seeming pretty desperate I thought was going to off him. Arnold's story doesn't make too much sense in the grand scheme of shit, obviously he is with some shady people, but gets rolled like a bitch at first confrontation when he seems to appear to have some clout over them.

4/5 just for that chicks ass and an adam sandler surprise.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I didn't get bored with it, which is usually my litmus test.

The bald guy that kept reappearing asking for cash and seeming pretty desperate I thought was going to off him. Arnold's story doesn't make too much sense in the grand scheme of shit, obviously he is with some shady people, but gets rolled like a bitch at first confrontation when he seems to appear to have some clout over them.

The family connection with Arnold colored his interactions with Howard. He's been holding back all this time. But these other guys don't have that connection, andthey're getting jerked around constantly. In that last scene you can see, Arnold is totally enamored with Howard's win, but that other dude has been sitting there for hours stewing, just thinking about murdering this fucking guy. Arnold had a critical fail in his ability to read the room. Partly because he got charmed by Howard and the banger dude wasn't in that same space.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just read it as Arnold being a straight guy who wanted his money back. Tired of his brother in law being such an asshole he hired goons.

I need to watch again tbh

Brikker

Trump's Staff

There lies a PAWG

EMz26EbU0AAlyA2

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Haven't seen this, but a friend at work (who loves Adam Sandler's dumb movies) watched it and was disappointed because he expected it to be dumb. However, he insisted that I google the chick in the movie, and I have to agree she's hot as fuck. So here you guys go. NSFW link.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Just got home from watching this. Loved it. I thought Good Time was incredible, so was really looking forward to this. The Safdie's have a gift for making you feel like you need a shower after watching their films. They have that same grit that 70s cinema had. And some of the shots they use are incredibly ugly, but work perfectly to set the tone. The frantic editing of the first 10 minutes made me feel like I was on coke; my heart was pounding. Great stuff. Sandler killed it. As did whoever did the soundtrack. Go see it

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the most anti-Semitic film I've ever seen.

Amazing 10/10
lol

I saw it last night. It was great. The audio choices will frustrate you at times, but it does create an atmosphere that feels real, gritty, and authentic.

I liked Sandler in this more than I liked Phoenix in Joker. Sandler really was fuckin robbed, not even getting a nomination.

All the cameos worked. Kevin Garnett did really well. I think he was helped by the fact he just had to play himself. Nevertheless, he had a larger role in the movie than I would have expected and it worked.

I will never watch it again, but I am glad I did see it.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
pretty shit movie. It was trying too hard.

Mostly agree. Don't think it was complete shit, but not as good as people have been raving. About the ending:
If you didn't see him dying the second he won that money, I don't know what to tell you. The whole movie is just "it will get worse" and that was the only way it was getting worse. They should've had more ups and downs if they wanted that death to be a surprise, instead of just constant downs and one big up. I get that's what makes it a novel, unique film in that the protagonist just keeps spiraling and is never really redeemed, but meh. My normie friends loved it and thought it was out of nowhere, but they're all very normie.

The "This is how I win" speech was the most interesting part, and it wasn't even that epic.

• 1EyeRoll

spronk

FPS noob
It's on Netflix

its confusing, its on Netflix International but NOT on Netflix USA. You can VPN watch if you want (not sure what countries you have to pretend to be from) but at that point may as well just download the 1080p VOD stream torrents out there released 2 days ago. The 4k streams and blurays/UHDs go up Feb 22nd or March 10th, not sure exactly when so for at least the next 3 weeks the current torrent is the best you will get.

Jive Turkey

Karen
its confusing, its on Netflix International but NOT on Netflix USA. You can VPN watch if you want (not sure what countries you have to pretend to be from) but at that point may as well just download the 1080p VOD stream torrents out there released 2 days ago. The 4k streams and blurays/UHDs go up Feb 22nd or March 10th, not sure exactly when so for at least the next 3 weeks the current torrent is the best you will get.

Dom is using Canadian Netflix, I assume

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

maybe because its in US theaters and not in international theaters?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This was a really annoying film to watch. They're like yelling at each other almost the entire time.

Otherwise it's good.