Uncut Gems (2019)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I found it pretty stressful to watch. So much shouting, so many frustrating decisions.
I actually felt a sigh of relief at him being shot.. like finally I could stop holding my breath kind of thing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The whole This is how I win scene is amazing.

I like the complexity of the role that the gem plays in the film. It's not just the shiny thing that Howard needs to sell to get out of debt. It's this object that KG thinks has power. Howard sees this. He sees how the gem boosts KG's confidence. He knew that once KG had this gem again he would play an fucking amazing game.

Is the gem magical? Is it cursed?

Well you've got KG playing the game of his life and Howard dead with a bullet in his face

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I found it pretty stressful to watch. So much shouting, so many frustrating decisions.
I actually felt a sigh of relief at him being shot.. like finally I could stop holding my breath kind of thing

now u know what its like to be jewish

• 1Worf

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This turned out to be another spectacle flick and if I had seen this in the theater I would've walked out. It was like watching a high speed train wreck on loop for 2 hours but the only people on board deserved it and yet it wasn't particularly satisfying. They nailed the characters alright but there wasn't enough besides that for me to like it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
ITT people thirsting for every movie to be a feel good three act by Spielberg

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1582055151492.gif

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen

No movie has ever made me feel the way I did for the first 10 minutes of this one. I felt a weird creeping anxiety that I couldn't shake; like I had way too much caffeine. They way they edited it together, jumping from one quick scene to the next, combined with the score, was incredibly affective. I'll take that over some A-B-C cookie cutter happy ending stuff any day. It's amazing that a film can manipulate you on a physical level that way

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
There was no one to give a shit about and it was predictable, that was my issue, not that it didn't leave me with a warm glow afterwards. I liked the beginning but it soon became clear that Sandler was that degenerate throw away character in every mobster movie; there was no possibility of redemption for him and they made this very obvious. Live or die I just couldn't bring myself to care, I've seen this story one too many times and so it wasn't tragic or suspenseful, it just took two hours.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There was no one to give a shit about and it was predictable, that was my issue, not that it didn't leave me with a warm glow afterwards. I liked the beginning but it soon became clear that Sandler was that degenerate throw away character in every mobster movie; there was no possibility of redemption for him and they made this very obvious. Live or die I just couldn't bring myself to care, I've seen this story one too many times and so it wasn't tragic or suspenseful, it just took two hours.

I bet you loved Ready Player One

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
also, why does Sandler have a scene in every god damn movie that has to say "in case you have forgotten, I'm a jew" Like in this one with the dinner scene. So forced and idiotic

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This seemed like it had potential then ended up being a really stupid movie. Good Time was great and felt like it was within the scope of what the Safdie brothers could accomplish. This was overly ambitious and seemed like a child wrote an adult movie which was beneficial when looking at it from the perspective of a gambling addict but also garnered one dimensional characterization across the board. It was a movie of cardboard cutouts that lacked the ambition to stray from the miniscule amount of experience the brothers had or the research that they did into the setting and business. The entire thing reeks of it just being written around the concept of the triple parlay and thinking that would be clever enough to build a plot around doing twice. I have to wonder if the Safide brothers aren't actually retarded heroin addicts because that seems to be the only thing that they actually know enough about to write a coherent movie. Subpar movie that mars their other works by shining a really bright light on their one-trick-pony storytelling.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Wasnt too bad of a movie. I would put it slightly behind Parasite, but well far behind Jojo Rabbit.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Watched this and god damn did Sandler get into that character. Like others said his hare brained scheming and hustling is gonna make you stress lol. 4/5 stars for me cuz I love sick shit like this.

Go fuck The Weeknd!

lol.

• 1Like